Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new 2016 ZX10R yesterday, big mistake. Was going to put it on here for sell but I guess I can't. Anyone know what I have to do to be able to go into the Market place forums to try to sell it. Thank you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just little things like no helmet locks, hate caring my helmet around. Can't even but a baseball cap under the seat. Didn't want a green bike, was hoping I would like the Matte paint better than I do. Reminds me of a wrecked bike that somebody painted with a spray can. Great bike to ride, just don't like it. Glad I still have my GSXR. The ZX10R has 41 mi on it. Thank you.

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Couple things. The rules for the forum are posted as a sticky in that section. You need 25 posts and 30 days to be able to sell on here.

Second. The helmet locks are under the rear seat. If you read the owner's manual it would show how to hook the D-ring from the helmet to the seat before latching it.

Third, not sure why you think the matte paint looks like a rattle can job, but whatever.

Good luck with your Gixxer! :crackup:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Couple things. The rules for the forum are posted as a sticky in that section. You need 25 posts and 30 days to be able to sell on here.

Second. The helmet locks are under the rear seat. If you read the owner's manual it would show how to hook the D-ring from the helmet to the seat before latching it.

Third, not sure why you think the matte paint looks like a rattle can job, but whatever.

Good luck with your Gixxer! :crackup:
:confused::badteeth::headshake::throwup::gay:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sorry to hear, I know the feeling I've made impulsive buys in the past.
But usually for me any concern or remorse would be from finding out performance flaws or weak points in reliability. Something as trivial as helmet lock (which it has) or the luster of the paint? The flat looks way more attractive than the super glossy-cheapy shiny-plastic look in my opinion, but to each their own.
Maybe give it a few more miles and see if it grows on you. I personally didn't think the gen4-gen5 ZX10 were very good looking, but I'm all about the ride anyway (not the look)and these bikes are just amazing and better that any rider's capabilities (unless you last name is Rae or Sykes). :)

Cheers man, hope it works out for ya whether you sell or keep it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A Dork ? Nice group you have here. The bike was a birthday gift, and I don't like it. Haven't had a Kaw since I bought an Eddie Lawson back in 82, Thought I might like a new one. Sorry if I don't meet some of you guys standards. Thank you to the guys that had something nice to say, the other ones can go F them self. Its all coming back to me why i never like Ninja's. Take care.

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
A Dork ? Nice group you have here. The bike was a birthday gift, and I don't like it. Haven't had a Kaw since I bought an Eddie Lawson back in 82, Thought I might like a new one. Sorry if I don't meet some of you guys standards. Thank you to the guys that had something nice to say, the other ones can go F them self. Its all coming back to me why i never like Ninja's. Take care.

I'm not sure what your expectations were when coming here with that first post. You didn't explain that you got it as a gift. You came here bitching about the paint and a perceived problem with the lack of helmet hooks. And then claimed your gixxer was somehow better. All this after only 41 whole miles. You own an awesome bike and your initial post came off bad because you didn't include any real info.

This is the best forum and you have a great bike. But whatever floats your goat bud. Sell it so it can be appreciated for what it is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really don't want to start anything here but i didn't say my GSXR was a better bike, I said I like it better. In my first post I said that it was a nice bike, just some little things that I disliked. Sorry I mentioned it, just thought somebody might be interested in a good deal on a bike that they seem to like. I am very disappointed in the reviews I have read though. Take care, be safe. Thank you

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
My hat didn't fit in the tail of my Gen 4 either. Instead of complaining about it on a forum, I ripped out the tray and made a custom tail light with a hotbodies undertail. A hat fits no problem now.

BTW, I don't know of a sport bike made in the last 5 years that will fit a hat in the tail section in stock form.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Even I can find things I don't like about Kawis and I'm a fan. Oh well, this will be a good deal for someone and I think it would be to the forum's benefit when his membership changes to allow him to post it in the classifieds. I don't fault the seller for wanting to part with his 10R so quickly and I just wish that I was in a position to take advantage of it!

Sounds like a 2017 GSXR is in someone's future.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
These bikes are made to perform and race...the engineers didn't give a shit about hat storage and helmet locks when they designed it...

You can always just regift it, that's what I do when I get crappy gifts...

YUT UGHH FTW

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'll offer $200. Sense you hate it, didn't pay for it, and others online reviews of it make up you're decision.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
I never had a problem buying a Kawasaki Bikes it started in 1999 coming from the Honda world for over a decade.

The history I was and even still am by today's standards love fast Bikes, in 1998 Kawasaki comes out with a bike and it's featured in SportRider Magazine Front cover with the ZX9R smoke all over the place at a drag strip with title "Worlds First 9s Motorcycle" I had to have it. and bought it. :wink:

Then before the very first ZX10R came out I sat on one at International Motorcycle Show it felt so good the Looks were killer and the ZX9R I already logged over 20k miles on I knew I could trust Kawasaki that the first ZX10R will be MONSTER!!!!

Then over 10yrs later ready for a New Bike. I was telling someone I knew at Work just weeks ago I might buy a ZX14R this weekend, he asked me have I ever Rode one(he rides a new Honda 1000RR) I said NO....but didn't care Kawasaki Bikes have always been Kind to me I know what they are about I know how they Ride, I know what to expect from this company Kawasaki, and I did buy that Kawasaki that Weekend and It was Mate Black same thing the OP complained about but I get allot of compliments on the color and the Performance is just like any other Kawasaki bike I bought since 1999 just AWESOME!!!!! :mrgreen:

Bloo

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.