Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Around here we called them circuit shity. Hard to survive when your best selling merchandise is $12 per foot speaker wire.
:+1:

I stopped shopping at Circuit City about 7-8years ago when you could buy something bad like a camera and try to return it 2hrs later and they would charge you a 15% re-stocking fee...I said Fugg them for good and went Best Buy no questions asked....they got what they deserved by bad business tactics and the economy. :badteeth:

·
Registered
192 Posts
The closest stores to me were handed over to a Liquidation company months ago with merchandise discounted only about 30%. I couldn't get a GoPro hero helmet cam for less than $149.99 but they were paying homies to stand on the corner upto 3/4 mile away to lure in customers.....oh an no returns period.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
The closest stores to me were handed over to a Liquidation company months ago with merchandise discounted only about 30%. I couldn't get a GoPro hero helmet cam for less than $149.99 but they were paying homies to stand on the corner upto 3/4 mile away to lure in customers.....oh an no returns period.
CompUSA did the same thing, just keep waiting as they increase the % off every few weeks as all the good stuff gets bought up and they want to dump the crap. But yes, no returns period in these deals. Plenty of deals to be had though, if you are in the market for something they sell.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I heard no deals to be had. They have a deal with Tiger Direct and Bsomething or other. The merchandise will be sold by others. The common practice is to jack up the prices because they know people will be looking. I have been wrong before but the word is no sales will the liquidators take it out of the stores.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
:+1:

I stopped shopping at Circuit City about 7-8years ago when you could buy something bad like a camera and try to return it 2hrs later and they would charge you a 15% re-stocking fee...I said Fugg them for good and went Best Buy no questions asked....they got what they deserved by bad business tactics and the economy. :badteeth:
:+1: I have had a couple bad experiences with CC....so off to BB. Much better at Best Buy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The prob with liquidators is that... yes... they take 30-50% off... of the ORIGINAL price from YEARS ago when it first came out. Which in alot of cases is still a higher price than last week... or even across the street. But people don't pay enough attention and only see 50% off...

but that dosent' mean I'm not willing to look tommorrow at mine down the street... just to 'see'... I'm just glad theres not a kawi liquidation sale someplace... I'd have my 07.. an 08 and 09... and see if they wouldn't toss in a zx-14 while they're at it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
They deserve to go out of business as a company but I feel bad for the store employees. I am sure thier upper management will get big severance packages. I quit shopping at CC years ago because thier service and prices were absoluely terrible. They never even seemed to try to compete with the other electronic retailers.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
CC are dead in Arizona. Closed there last store i think this past weekend. now there gift cards are worthless. Kmart are closing a lot of stores here to. to me. they did it to them self for not competing with other stores.

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
Yeah about a month ago they close the doors to one and had everything marked down 80% went in there and it was crazy people fighting over big screen tv's ,I saw a car beck that i wanted to get(alpine touch screen)for $350 was org priced at $2500

1 - 20 of 24 Posts