Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a muzzy on now.. just wonder how loud and stupid it would be without it - AND would it harm the bike.. I've seen those cut off ones that look like it's the same as just taking it off..
but I think B Diddy answered it already : "abnoxious"

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I actually just took my cans off a couple days ago. I wanted to see how it would sound, it is crazy loud (at idle sounds amazing) but I have heard Harleys that are louder. I am thinking about getting a Boz Bro, now I am kinda undecided. It is almost hurtfull to my ears at some rpm's but sounds freakn amazing when banging up thru the gears. The biggest downside is the fact that any police within a mile radius of me can probablly hear me, which sucks. I have noticed a slight performance gain, primarly at high rpm's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah I had mine off over the winter and went outside and started it up. It was echoing off about 5 houses around me. Really obnoxious and harsh sounding. Then again the old D&D slip on I had '00 9R did the same thing just not as loud ;)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I ran my car with a megaphone at Las Vegas speedway when I had the old zx10. I was young and foolish and decided to run without earplugs. With the motor literally 1 foot behind my head, and the exhaust not much farther behind me, I could hardly stand it. Hard to concentrate and could only drive for a few laps before I had to come in and park it. Sounded cool, but everyone knew when I checkened out and lifted for corners that I could take flat out if I did it right.
Earplugs from now on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts