Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a thought, if I do go ahead and get a chromoly arm will I still be able to run my under tails or will I be forced to switch to a single side exhaust?? I really hope not, I love my duals

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at an evil arm. I emailed them a lil while ago and asked if they could make one that would allow it so hopefully it's a yes

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Looking at an evil arm. I emailed them a lil while ago and asked if they could make one that would allow it so hopefully it's a yes
Evil makes a good arm, local to me.

Give larry at hardcore cycles a call too 704-933-HARD (4273) He's local also and might have a used arm if your looking to save money, He also will build arms... I run his COLY arms on my drag bikes.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My buddy told me to call them, I'll check em out at work

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I've read the tensile strength is 85k

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Does underbracing help with rotational force though, for turning and such that is common in street use?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:dontknow: but wanna know

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
it plays into the torsional rigidity of the arm. I dont know a lot about it, Ive just heard talk before.

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
it plays into the torsional rigidity of the arm. I dont know a lot about it, Ive just heard talk before.
You sir are correct. Im running a Mcitosh arm with underbrace, Terry told me when you go over a certain length its recommend to underbrace so the arm does not twist.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You sir are correct. Im running a Mcitosh arm with underbrace, Terry told me when you go over a certain length its recommend to underbrace so the arm does not twist.
care to share what this certain length may be?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
care to share what this certain length may be?
my drag bike sits at 70inches with shortened forks and I run a hardcore underbraced arm, I ran a non underbraced arm at around 200hp, but once I got over 200 I switched to underbracing for peace of mind and it helped with the bike lifting mid track.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how many inches over is that? I was 9 but can't remember what I was the last time I measured my wheelbase

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I know for my Gen 1 the distance from sprocket to axle is like 25.5". Gen 2 is gonna be slightly more than that. I believe the "certain length" is 38" swingarm, so 12 over for Gen 1 or so. Gen 2, Id imagine thats like 10 or 11 over?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guess I'll prolly get under bracing then bec I was aiming for 12

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
68" is 13" over on a Gen 1 right?

1 - 20 of 163 Posts