Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was up late last night choppin my tiforce can last night.........very happy with the results but have a few questions for you guys!!
will I have to re map?.......have pcIII.......haven't messed with that yet cuz when i bought it the cable was not included.dealer didn't have it...........what kind of cable do I need?............someone told me I could buy it from radio shack...true?.........
also have the ticking sound........could the pc3 be mapped wrong and run so lean I have burnt a valve?...........

other than that I am happy with my shortie ti force...........sounds awesome baby!!
but worried about tuning this bike right so I can get maximum performance and not damage internals............new to FI bikes with computers so I need some advice.............will put up a sound clip later but what do you guys think about apperance?...........I love it..............no noise restrictions on bikes here in NC so I wanted to be heard!!lol....loud pipes save lives

I have enclosed a before and after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and .thats right!!, my bike sleeps inside in the living room (for NOW):deathmeta

Attachments

Reactions: Alien10

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't have an answer for you, but I'd like to know also! The pipe looks good man!!!! How hard was it to do???

·
Registered
244 Posts
looks good! I too am curious about the a/f ratio of a bike with a chopped can considering I just chopped my Scorpion.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wasn't hard at all really..just had to make sure cut wus good and straight.........I also removed about 40% of the packing/wrap inside..sounds awesome...........
I did it mainly cuz I didn't wanna spend 800bucks on a growler........I will put in a sound clip sometime soon!!.I also took pics of the process so I will post a how to with pics soon too!!..................I chopped off 8 inches.............those cagers will hear me coming now!!! ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Looks sweet. I cut down my buddies tiforce on his gixxer. That ti is some tough shit. I tried a die grinder and cutting wheel to start but it just heated up and didnt cut well. I ended up using a those small cutting discs and my dremel. Took a number of them to get around the can. I used 3 inch tape to mark my cut.

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
About the PCIII yes you can get the cable anywhere. Its a usb to mini usb. I have a million of them. If you have a newer digital camera it should have come with one. I believe that the PC doesnt come mapped for your bike. If you read the directions it said to get online with it first. Looks good. Thinking about doing that with my akras.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Metal cuttoff/chop saw or 4 1/2" grinder with cuttoff wheels work like a champ.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am a bodyman?painter by trade.so i used a my air saw.........with a 32t blade.went through it like butter and made a nice fine cut.could use a hacksaw with same blade but would take a while and more room forerror

Attachments

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
I am a bodyman?painter by trade.so i used a my air saw.........with a 32t blade.went through it like butter and made a nice fine cut.could use a hacksaw with same blade but would take a while and more room forerror
Those are nice saws. I wouldn't even dream of tryin a hacksaw. You cut high or low speed on the Ti with that saw?

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah the speed is fully adj. but if ya cut to slow the saw will bog and stop...needs to get good air pressure to it!....it is actually very smooth and controlable..........i made the first slit with the hacksaw then slid the airblade through and stated alicing......like a freakin ginsu dude!!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I used a ban saw when i did this. Yes it will affect your air/fuel a bit. I did custom map on a fully muzzy on my 954 then took 3" off the can and the map was off a decent bit and had it tweaked. Now granted the bike ran fine but the "dyno" machine claimed it was off some.....not that i could really tell though. As for taking the packing out you realize that causes loss of power as the air becomes more turbulent in the baffle holes.

Looks good though i tend to think the smaller round cans look better hacked off.

Nice job though, looks factory done.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I was up late last night choppin my tiforce can last night.........very happy with the results but have a few questions for you guys!!
will I have to re map?.......have pcIII.......haven't messed with that yet cuz when i bought it the cable was not included.dealer didn't have it...........what kind of cable do I need?............someone told me I could buy it from radio shack...true?.........
also have the ticking sound........could the pc3 be mapped wrong and run so lean I have burnt a valve?...........

other than that I am happy with my shortie ti force...........sounds awesome baby!!
but worried about tuning this bike right so I can get maximum performance and not damage internals............new to FI bikes with computers so I need some advice.............will put up a sound clip later but what do you guys think about apperance?...........I love it..............no noise restrictions on bikes here in NC so I wanted to be heard!!lol....loud pipes save lives

I have enclosed a before and after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and .thats right!!, my bike sleeps inside in the living room (for NOW):deathmeta
Im not feeling it.

I think you cut to much off. If you had equal lengths on both sides of the strap, then that would have looked right to me. Now it looks off center and strange. But if your happy with it, who cares.

JJ

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Im not feeling it.

I think you cut to much off. If you had equal lengths on both sides of the strap, then that would have looked right to me. Now it looks off center and strange. But if your happy with it, who cares.

JJ
:iamwithst
...looks too much like a gay stunters pipe when they're that short. Just my .02. Nice work though.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I cut my Akro as well it's a nice difference I didn't unplug any more packing than came off with the chop which was a challenge to say the least bit it all worked out well and I am enjoying it!!! Love the look of your as well I forgot how huge those look stock lol

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Looks good :thumbsup: Any chance of a sound clip?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have this pipe and been lookin to do this as well...Did you re-rivit it or screw it back together...If you rivited it back together ehat size did you use??

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did rivet it back/..............don't remember which size..but i used stainless rivets!

removing the packing will take away power.Really?.I sort of noticed a lil power loss......not bad.........I just thought the fuel curve was off.been meaning to get it custom mapped at the kawi dealer nearby!....will eventually save for a growler!
will the growler slip on to my tiforce mid pipe?..........
anybody have the gipro tre.does it make that much of a difference?..........
heard some probs with it showing wrong gear or flickering.anybody?..........

1 - 20 of 24 Posts