Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chirping/squeaking clutch OMG this doesnt look good

Hey guys i am getting a chirping/squeaking noise from my clutch area. The best I can explain is, it sounds like a car coming to a stop that uses metallic brake pads. I does it when I am in neutral or in gear with the clutch pulled in. If I let out about an inch it goes away. Any ideas?

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Don't run it.

Get it looked at ASAP by a pro.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
sounds like one of the rivets in your clutch basket is comin loose!.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys this does not look good. Seems something is eating my clutch cover. As you can see it looks like the basket is hitting it but the clutch basket looks fine. The back of the push rod that I circled shows it has been grinding against something.

Attachments

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
the back of the rod is where the shaft comes down and seperates your clutch plates when the cable is pulled,...it is gonna have some wear on it!........hoping maybe Mr.Honez will chime in,........he had a similar problem and I think the end of his broke off at one point!......shoot him a pm maybe!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What could possibly be cutting my clutch cover? I don't see any damage on anything but the clutch cover and the push rod.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I took everything apart and put it back together and no squeaking. I still need to order a new push rod but it seems to be fine now. I have no clue why. Gotta love mechanical stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts