Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have not seen a recent thread about chinese fairing so I decided to post my own experience.
I have a Gen1 and the OEM plastics started to crack everywhere due to UV exposure. I repaired them for as long as I could, but it was time for a new set.
I was a bit worry to order from China since you can find all sort of bad experience on the web about Chinese goods. My own experience with disk brake rotors was a disaster.
I decided to go with Monster Fairings (https://monsterfairings.com/) since I found some good reviews posted recently on youtube, and their website is decent.
I sent them pictures of a paint scheme close to that I wanted (MV Agusta F4RC) with a long list of details: the exact colors I wanted, the placement of the logo, the number... Communication was good and I received e-mail back within 24 hours (time zone) of all my inquiries.
The wait was a bit longer than what they suggested (70 days), but my patience was regarded. After I received the package it took me only 7 hours to remove and re-assemble the fairing. The panels fit EXACTLY (some have the OEM marking inside, so I suspect they have the original molds from Kawi). The paint job looks perfect to me: no running, no speck, no orange peal. They did exactly as I specified.
In few words I am extremely satisfied. If you consider changing your fairing, or just wanted to have a new color scheme, do not hesitate anymore, it is totally worth it.

PS: I am not paid by Monster Fairings, just a regular happy customer.

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
Was it extra cost for custom colors?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$85 for the custom paint. 15% to to overall cost. Totally worth it to my opinion.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Nice, I see they are a tad bit more expensive than some other places, looks to be worth it especially if all the holes line up correctly.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
It's nice to hear a good story coming from Chinese goods these days, overwhelmingly they have not been.

Color scheme looks sharp too!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
My opinion on chinese goods is simply there are good firms and cheaper firms even in china there is expensive, its very much a lottery, but monster fairings look like a good firm :grin2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Ninjalife,

Yes indeed, all the holes lined perfectly. As I said, some of the panels have the original "made in Japan" marking inside. I did not have to drill any hole. Also there was included some pieces that I did not expect such as the rear seat cover "bumper" (92161A), the two metal brackets to attache it (27012, 11053), as well as both internal panels for the front fairing (55028G and 55028F).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My opinion on chinese goods is simply there are good firms and cheaper firms even in china there is expensive, its very much a lottery, but monster fairings look like a good firm :grin2:
True, that is the reason I posted my experience with Monster Fairings here.

I bought some chinese disk brake rotors a few months ago and that was catastrophic. Even after an exchange, they were so wrapped that they were unusable. I finally bough some use OEM instead. I also posted on the forum but I am not able to find my post back. I made a video where I measured the runout though (
)

·
The Pace
6,962 Posts
If you want very very few problems, simply pay a bit more and go OEM, especially with our bike. And remember one important item: skill level. And that changes over time. Last time bike was in shop for warranty valve whatever, service called and wanted to replace worn front pads with a list of whatever; I said ok, and go oem. And immediately loved those pads as stopping was LESS sharp.

Not pads but simply me; riders change and grow over time. And super bikes bring that out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts