Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i like a challenge, bought one of the china steering damper kits FXCNC brand for my 05 zx10r. About 100 bucks including air freight.. Nice looking kit. i went with the silver one. Took about one Hr to figure it out and install it, No directions, not even on the internet.
The bolts that go threw the main bracket into the front gas tank mount were way to long. a trip to ACE hardware solved that little problem.The fit is good, i was very careful to check for binding or ANY installation problem. I see no quality issues so far.

Anybody with long term usage of this unit chime in please. The adjusting knob just has a arrow going from soft to firm and that is it. Just moving the ram by hand i do not feel a big change in the settings. Probably does not do much unless sudden tank slapper movement.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I had one on my 73 RD350. It started to fall apart after one track day.

It’s not going to do anything when really needed.

I would never even think of using it on a liter bike on the track, but it should be Ok for you on the street.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had one on my 73 RD350. It started to fall apart after one track day.

It’s not going to do anything when really needed.

I would never even think of using it on a liter bike on the track, but it should be Ok for you on the street.
The bike and i are getting up their in years, it will not see any serious riding. mostly sunday ride with buddies having breakfast out.

·
Registered
ZX10RR
206 Posts
From what I read (when I was planning to buy a 636 but ended getting the RR) they do work correctly but their durability in long term is questionable and a bit random. They could last a lifetime or a week, depending on your luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts