Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought myself a set of Chicken Hawk Racing standard sportbike tire warmers and after running for nearing an hour the indicator light was still amber.
I’ve removed tire warmer to find the tire so hot I could hold my hand on the surface.

Faulty????

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Just brought myself a set of Chicken Hawk Racing standard sportbike tire warmers and after running for nearing an hour the indicator light was still amber.
I’ve removed tire warmer to find the tire so hot I could hold my hand on the surface.

Faulty????
when i come off track and check my tires i can hardly touch them either...and since warmers get your tires to track temp, its supposed to be hot. did you get an actual temp reading? have you ever had tire warmers before/experience with this? what tires are you running? those warmers are supposed to get the tire to at least 175 degrees, what did you expect? an hour is about the amount of time needed to get them up to temp so that's normal for the light to not be green yet.

or did i read your post incorrectly because i assumed you typo'd the last sentence and meant to say "couldn't" hold your hand on it

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Typo
In plain English
Tire warmer on tire running for over 60 mins.
The little indicator lights attached to tire warmers
Amber = heating up
Green = reached temp
Still amber for over 60 mins... Removed tyre to find tyre so hot I couldnt touch surface.
Hence my question is this normal for chicken hawks not to show a Green indicator light after 60 mins of cooking?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Most non digital warmers heat to 80c which is well above what most set there digitals too

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Typo
In plain English
Tire warmer on tire running for over 60 mins.
The little indicator lights attached to tire warmers
Amber = heating up
Green = reached temp
Still amber for over 60 mins... Removed tyre to find tyre so hot I couldnt touch surface.
Hence my question is this normal for chicken hawks not to show a Green indicator light after 60 mins of cooking?
your first post said nearly an hour, second says over an hour. either way, its about normal. its fine. if you're on track tires, dont cook em too many times, they only have so many heat cycles. and yes when tires are at full temp, 175+ degrees F or 80+ degrees C, thats normal

·
Registered
207 Posts
I also use the Chicken Hawks on my Pirelli "pro slicks rear and SC2 front"... awesome combination! Don't know which model of C/H's you have. I think there are 3 or 4 different C/H warmer models, and maybe yours are an "always on" type?

The C/H's I use have 3 adjustable temp settings (low, med, high), and when they're up to temp, that amber light goes out and the warmers cut out for a few minutes and then kick back on, and yes they are "warm". Read up on the "pro slicks" and one won't really have to worry about "cycling"....and with the warmers in the picture, you'll save even more $$$.

I'm really anxious to see how this combo works on my newly acquired Gen4.

Safe Riding....

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
There's no temp adjustment just plug in and turn on.
your base model doesnt have adjustable options. its ok though, your warmers will never be on for more than an hour anyway, they'll be fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts