1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BIG PROPS to Pascagoula MS Chevron Oil Refinery for recognizing
U.S. Veterans.

I work at the Chevron Pascagoula oil refinery and today,
they came around the job site and picked up all the veterans who work there and shuttled us all to a large conference room.
The tables had place cards with everyone's name and branch of service on it.
They fed us a nice BBQ lunch and cold drinks.
Had a ceremony calling each members name and thanking us for our service and sacrifice.
Had a moment of silence for fallen comrades.
Then gave out nice U.S. Veteran hats, Tee shirts, coffee mugs,
and $40 bucks in walmart gift cards for all.

This is my 1st time EVER, having an employer show some real appreciation for America's Veterans,
There was big smiles on all the vets faces,we got to all hang out after that and talk about stories of days past in the military,
and how we ALL missed the camaraderie of our fellow brothers.
It really felt good having them show that kind of appreciation and I guarantee you that every employee will remember this day.

Thank you Chevron, KBR, Cajun, & Atlantic Scaffolding

And to all fellow veterans this coming sunday,
Happy Veterans Day brothers and sisters.

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
That has to feel good for those that served. :thumbsup:

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Rgr that.

Most of us are glad to have served, when someone says "thank you" it's just frosting on the cake.

·
The Pace
6,903 Posts
If American corporations will stand by their employees through all sorts of situations, employees will ALWAYS stand by their companies. No matter what they may meta-grumble about. Not rocket science. All corp shot callers have to do is figure out the right marketing directions and contain the natural tendency of middle management for self gain and self promotion that cause companies to stumble and lay off front liners.

This Vet honoring is a nice step in the right direction.

·
Registered
790 Posts
This is awesome. It really let's you know that you're not just another paycheck. I work for a company that is really good at getting each employee on a personal level and it is the best working relationship I've ever had. If more companies were like this we wouldn't have so many unemployed veterans. Happy early veterans day and happy birthday marines
SEMPER FIDELIS

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Chairman of the Board
16,005 Posts
Thats fantastic Don. You guys deserve serious recognition. Im not sure most people really realize what the world would be like if there werent those willing to put themselves in harms way to fight for and to protect freedom. Thanks to all that serve and have served.
:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts