Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

chemical coloring your exhaust

882 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  craig_sez 
#1 ·
I thought i saved a link someone posted here but guess i didnt..

What im looking for was the way to use a battery and wire brushes and coke to color my exhaust can and or pipes..

There was a great description of the how to from some other non bike site.

Maybe im not wording my searches on here or google correctly but i keep finding how to get rid of the blueing..

I kinda wanna try doing something like was on my gen 2 beet exhaust cans..

Anyone have the idea..
PM me if you dont mind cause im on the road alot(trucker)and ill miss it if its just on the main page for a day er two..

#2 ·
I've seen guys do their inlet and outlets with a butane torch and have heard about a way to color the canister but have no clue where to find the info......i even looked around a bit.

#4 ·
How do you get the different colors?
I know you can heat it with a torch, I tried to experiment a bit with some stock exhaust parts I had laying around, a MAP torch worked the best but it was hard to get conscistent coloring and patern, did not look natural, like headers would look.

But I agree that my Beet Cans, and my K Factory are obviously some kind of chemical conversion process to achevie conscistent color and patern.

#5 ·
If anyone finds out the process of coloring their exhaust PLEEEEZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEE shoot me a pm..Its been a month sence i have been on my bike and i need to do somethin with it..Somethin free that is or very lil cost..
Im so poor that i cant even pay attention..lol

#7 ·
tks jester..Does it work on the stock steel headers too??
I had to take a magnet to be sure my stock headers were ti or not..They are not..My mid and lv slip on is though..Its a start..
Based on the link you have to attach a wire lead to the brush so im assumeing it has to have steel bristles too??

#10 ·
Ill hopefully be trying it in the next few days..ill let ya all know..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.