Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

As some may know (if anyone actually cares to keep up with my life) I not too long ago low-sided my 08, resulting in it being totalled. I bought it back to repair and everything seems to be going pretty well. I already rode the bike 2 hours home after the accident, seems to track pretty straight, but the exhaust did put a dent in the swingarm and the forks are tweaked slightly in the triples, though surely still straight. Since I plan to keep this bike for a while I am interested in getting the bike checked for straightness and "aligned" so to speak, just to make sure everything is in order and that it still tracks straight and doesn't wear tires. Are there such places available on the east coast? Does anyone have recommendations? What should I expect to pay? Can I do it myself?

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I am not sure if there is a place on the east coast but there probably is. Aside from that, from what I have heard, if you want it done right it is quite a process. I might have seen it on TV, try looking it up on YouTube. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I've tried to reach them all day. I really wish there was someplace in NC. Driving all the way to Georgia and risking having to take a return trip is a little un-nerving.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Poking around on their website, it seemed a little unmaintained and out of date - don't know if that's a reflection on their business or not.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^I happened across one of their posts on another forum through a google search. I think they may still be in the game, just one of those businesses that probably relies more on word of mouth than actual web-traffic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts