:headshake:Wow.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,975 Posts
That's a disaster waiting to happen.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The rust tells me that the missing nut is not a new development... Good grief.

... and people think I'm OCD for safety wiring my sprocket nut.

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
I looked at that photo a little closer. appears to be 16. 17 is oem. He didn't tighten it enough and didn't install safety bend washer thingie or installed used broken one. He dorked the shifter at the same time, but not sure what that is. My guess is that poor bike is very low mileage.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Anybody got an idea on how to make the front sprocket change easier? I like to change between -2 and 0. I hate the damn crush ring. I'm thinking of removing it and drill a hole in both.

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
Anybody got an idea on how to make the front sprocket change easier? I like to change between -2 and 0. I hate the damn crush ring. I'm thinking of removing it and drill a hole in both.
Most use the air wrench and a new crush ring. If I recall that thread is left handed but check that has not changed the 10r front as not need at this point. Have changed the rear several sizes up on the '11 and didn't really notice a difference other than more fuel.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I wouldn't have been worried about the sprocket coming off at all. I would have been concerned about possible extra wear to the spline would be the only thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts