Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted on another forum.
The listing says they are 80mm spacing so should bolt straight onto my Gen 4.
What is the consensus of opinion?
Worth a punt or avoid like the plague.
I'll never lay out £300 on a pair of brand name rear sets, but these look pretty enough.
The eBay number is:-

·
GEN II Driver
2,891 Posts
if you don't want to shell out the money for some quality rearsets i would recommend sticking with the stockers over rolling the dice with anything off fleabay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Chinese 'quality' is getting better, probably semi-decent machining with shit bearings. Does anyone have these? pics? Even allowing $50 for some good bearings and a little filing, you'd be in front of a name set. If you get a set let me know how they go!! ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Though the more I think about it the more I worry. Too many linkages, too much importance. Could be bad quality alloy, crap fasteners etc. don't bother...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's pretty much the conclusion I came to gents. Anodise the standard heel guards black and make do seems a better plan :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Powerbronze c/f heel guards fitted today :)
I did try the cheapo rearsets, and I didn't fancy having to fab up a reservoir bracket and then fit a pressure switch etc. it all seemed like a lot of hard work. And the spacing is something closer to 75mm on a gen 4 so I would have had to file it out a little.
Stockers are comfy anyway ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts