Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have a little fitting problem with helmets. Until this time have had Avg helmets all the time. But I'm insisted about buying an Arai. Here is my problem I have a long oval head shape (I guess) When I try RX7V or New Profile V in L size my nose touch the visor. (not much but barely) When I try XL size there isn't any touching problem but the helmet is a little big for me.
Have you guys changed the linings and pads before? what's best; buying XL and changing the linings with L size or the opposite? Or is it even possible?
Where I live at dealers don't know about this much. Maybe one of you guys had this problem before.
Thx and always have a safe riding.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Are you absolutely set on Arai? Great helmet no doubt but try on other top brands like Shoei, AGV, Bell, etc.. Arai doesn't seem to fit everyone's head and Shoei seems to fit a larger range of people. You can change pads but I would look into getting a helmet that fit out of box first and then adjust pads as needed.

I bought a Shoei years ago that was 1 size too big but bought larger pads and made it work for a while. However, giving the chance to do the same thing again I would just find the right size helmet for my head.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a long, oval head and Arai helmets don't work for me. I wouldn't try to make a poor fitting helmet work.

I'm currently using Scorpion EXO-R2000, but have also used Shoei's, and AGV helmets in the past with good success.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decided to buy NXR XL actually it was similar as like Profile V but a little bit better. I went dealer again tried there and ordered online. Hope it feels good while riding especially at high speeds. I think I will not gonna find any helmet fully fit my head. its always been like this hard. When I decided to buy a new one.in my country, we don't have Arai's Signet x model but if I find one after a while maybe I can buy that too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts