Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all!!! Great Forum btw. Anyone got a manual for a first gen. 10 for the spark plug removal, or the easiest way to do it without having to do extra unnecessary work. thanks a lot and great to be part of the team.:eek:ccasion1 anyone in NC?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
1- Remove passenger seat, plastic between both seats, front seat side covers, front seat
2- Now time to remove tank (disconnect fuel line, fuel pump plug on left side of frame, and overflow tube)
3- Take lid off of air box, unbolt airbox
4- Unplug stick coils and remove them. To do the outside cylinders you will have to remove the straight bracket that the triangular engine mount brackets mount to on the top of the engine. Then you should be able to get tools in there to pull the plugs out. You will need extensions to work your way out the top of the engine with the plugs.

That's a short and abbreviated version of how to do it. The pain is the outside plugs.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first plug job

thanks a lot thats exactly what i was looking to hear, ive owned lots of bikes and this is still unknown territory but now i know the deal thanks a lot, thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
No problem. Shoot another message out if you are having trouble. You may have to loosen side panels depending on the tools you have, but avoid taking side panels off. The turn signals can be a pain the butt at times.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Use the spark plug tool that comes in the tool kit. It made all the clearance difference for me on the outside plugs. You'll see what I mean

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Use the spark plug tool that comes in the tool kit. It made all the clearance difference for me on the outside plugs. You'll see what I mean
The bike has a tool kit?!?!?! :lol: I didn't even try that thing. Cuhuba may be on to something to save a little time. I actually pulled my tool kit out the other day and all the tools were rusted over. :crackup: I may give it a shot to change the plugs soon. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
It was midnight, I was pissed, trying to angle the freakin craftsman plug socket, then....like a ray of Jesus light I found the stupid socket wrench in the tool kit. Those little bastards put it there for a reason...ancient Japanese wisdom

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
:crackup: I know the feeling. I got a bunch of craftsman tools and sometimes I don't have the right stuff for the job. I'm working on increasing my collection though.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I know the feeling. I got a bunch of craftsman tools and sometimes I don't have the right stuff for the job. I'm working on increasing my collection though.
That is a slippery slope to walk on. I know mechanics that have 100K in tools and still want more. :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I didn't have to take my tank off. I just lifted it. I did take off the side fairings though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts