Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 10r it has gearing of 17-40. i bought some vortex sprockets and D.I.D chain. going with 16-42. will my bike be more wheelie pron? because it has a very tall first gear and i hate it.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
With the new gearing you just bought, it'll FEEL like you just added 25+ hp to your bike. Be careful and goodluck

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
My 04 10r it has gearing of 17-40. i bought some vortex sprockets and D.I.D chain. going with 16-42. will my bike be more wheelie pron? because it has a very tall first gear and i hate it.
17-39 stock...so you were +1R, and now are -1F +3R. Yeah should be snappy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so tonight i replaced my sprockets with what i said i was going for. MAN my bikes gearing feels like a 600 but its a liter bike. Im saying im shifting more. it certainly does feel like it has more torque. My speedo is way off i mean like 10-12mph off. Id be going 50 and it would read 62. Has anyone ever heard of those Speedo healers? Would that cure my issue? how do you install them?

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
yes a Healtech speedohealler is what you want, it will fix your problem and I would suggest chainging your rear back to the 40t thats what im at 16/40 and its a perfect combo for the 04-05 zx10

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
yes a Healtech speedohealler is what you want, it will fix your problem and I would suggest chainging your rear back to the 40t thats what im at 16/40 and its a perfect combo for the 04-05 zx10
:+1:

It's not bad on the Hwy for it reeving to high in top gear...can still go to the drag strip and hit 148mph in 4th gear and take down some bikes as well....I love this combo.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts