Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not as technical as some of the posts here, but what is the best way to install new grips? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Take off the bar end and pull off the grip. Real easy. If you are not going to be throwing away the old ones, Just cut them off. Installing the new ones are just as easy. They sell grip glue or whatever you want to use. I have always used hairspray and haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
+3 on the hair spray. Just put them on when you are not going to be riding for several hours to give it time to dry.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I used compressed air, like the ones used to dust opff computers. Easy rmoval and installation.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
If you have an air compressor handy, blow air up under the grip when you are sliding it off. It will come off pretty easy. The air will do most the work. Same trick works for putting the new grips on. I went with Spider grips and i didn't use any glue. They haven't moved at all since installing them.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
WOW. The compressed air trick worked great. Thanks for the help!
Sure as hell is. I just installed my progrips tonight. Was a cakewalk. Hairspray FTW!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts