Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice many that want help or Info. never give details on their bike so no one ever knows what year they are talking i.e..04/05 or 06 10 in many cases unless their Avatar or something shows a picture or signature with description. ..yes there are differences....you will get more help or Info. quickly if you add/change or submit the year of bike you are riding.

read the FAQ section but here is the quick and easy way to start:

1. When logged in Click on the "User CP" section from the Home Page(zx-10r.net)

2. Then click on "Edit Profile" on the left side under the Control Panel section on the top left.

3. Then scroll down to the section "Bike".

4. Use the down arrow to choose a bike or better yet use the box below for a
custom Description where you can enter year and color. the drop down box does not give years.

hopes this helps.
bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well 2 guys I respect f'sho...if anyone thinks we should do a sticky for awhile let me know. We have many new members here with the new 10 and am feeling we need to bring the attention that there are 2 main bikes on this site and we need to be specific which one you own. :idea:

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
bluedevil said:
Well 2 guys I respect f'sho...if anyone thinks we should to a sticky for awhile let me know. We have many new members here with the new 10 and am feeling we need to bring the attention that there are 2 main bikes on this site and we need to be specific which one you own. :idea:
sounds like a great Idea to me:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Even though I am new, I agree. It took me awhile to click on the user cp and investigate a little.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Makes sense to me

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
a lot of forums that I use are actually the same format as this so I knew how to change this...but good idea for newbs...

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:+1:

·
Registered
219 Posts
well if you want to make it even easier why not just have the administrator change the selections under "bike" to include year and not just color

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fullsleeves said:
well if you want to make it even easier why not just have the administrator change the selections under "bike" to include year and not just color
That's not the main problem...the main problem is to many(especially newbs) are not using the bike section in the User profile....Including myself. The reason I don't use it is because my avatar is a Picture of my Blue 10. If I needed help from someone that supposely knows 10s then they will know that the Bloo only came out one year..2004 model and of course I have a bright side can as well..no brainer.

Also, many new members that sign up to this site are not all 06 owners but are buying 04/05 bikes as well so you can't assume a newb is an 06 owner. I would bet that it's about equal between the 2 bikes for new owners signing up for this site. It's not like when the first 10 came out and we all had the same bike. :headshake:

Anyway your point is well taken and will suggest it to the administrator some time in the future.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts