Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i change my plugs but the FI light is on and the bike is running like shit. i pulled 2 FI wires out last year and i recheck everything and its still on. i just ordered a new FI harness to try that out. anyone know any other reason it would be on and what to check. thanks.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Check all the electrical connections to the throttle body, I always seem to forget one. Check to see what code is set to give you a possible hint.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I forgot to plug in the airbox sensor last time, caused the same problem.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
DON'T try to fix this by throwing random parts at it. That's the expensive and long way.

Scan it for codes (the shop manual explains how - the only tool required is a short piece of wire - a paper clip will do). THEN troubleshoot based on that code, as per shop manual.

Don't guess. You'll probably be barking up the wrong tree endlessly.

Seen it all before with cars ... this is not any different.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
hmm, sounds like the new putt putts are a pain in the ass to work on it seems. Good read though.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
The only thing that's a pain in the ass is that everything is crammed into a very small space.

On-board diagnostics are a Very Good Thing. If the computer ain't happy, it can tell you why. But you have to make use of its capabilities ...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Look for the small two wire plug back where the servo motor is for the ex valve you need to jump this with a paper clip to get the codes for the fi system to see what was left unplugged,jump it w/ the ign off and turn it on.if you don't know what or where take it to someone you trust.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im going switch out the FI harness and see if that fixes it. if not then i will attempt to get a code. i have a feeling its the harness just because i have put on a mps fuel mix control and had to tap into the wires. well my buddy cut the wires way to short and i could barely get it hooked up so i need a harness so i can do it the way it was supposed to and not rigged up. i bought one on ebay for $19.00 which i thought was a steal. it should be here in a couple days and ill give you guys an update.thanks for all the info. i didnt know you could get a code like that. so thanks again.i learn something new everyday.:eek:ccasion1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts