Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:spit:SHIT...brack twisted and cost me more money in parts for the right side. I've never had sliders mount like those before. They look heavy duty, but couldn't even stand a lowside going 50mph. I was at max lean and back end came around in turn 3 at gingerman...bummer...I'm buying some vortex ones with bases and then pucks. Anyone use these??? My friend who owns a privateer race team uses them on all of his $20,000 race bikes...What do you think?

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
:spit:SHIT...brack twisted and cost me more money in parts for the right side. I've never had sliders mount like those before. They look heavy duty, but couldn't even stand a lowside going 50mph. I was at max lean and back end came around in turn 3 at gingerman...bummer...I'm buying some vortex ones with bases and then pucks. Anyone use these??? My friend who owns a privateer race team uses them on all of his $20,000 race bikes...What do you think?
Well they aren't called sliders for nothing.....why didn't you just buy what your friend had in the First place because he has a $20k bike and races he must know what it better. :rolleyes::dontknow:

Really....what I am trying to say is did you actually do a slide like a baseball player going into 2nd base or did something else happen?...they are sliders and will not cure all in every situation from what I read.....but I am sure Champs will be around to respond :wink:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Got to see pictures.

Several other members have went down on the Champs and they all said the Champs saved them $$$$$$$$.

I sure hope you were not expecting miracles, sliders may make the difference on whether you bike is a total loss or not. They will not keep your bike from ALL damage. Its pretty logical to me that every crash situation is different and you can not protect against every possible variable.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I have Champs frame sliders and they work as advertised... but (there's always a but) if you slide on the track and happen to continue OFF the track, the sliders turn into stakes once you hit the dirt and grass and... rip right off. I know, it happened to me at PBIR. They slide great until... you meet the earth.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
they are FRAME sliders.. not "whole bike protectors"
you mean my $40 frame sliders I run will not protect my bike as a whole if I go down? :lol: If so shame on me I should have bought the $1000 models :lol::helmet:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
you mean my $40 frame sliders I run will not protect my bike as a whole if I go down? :lol: If so shame on me I should have bought the $1000 models :lol::helmet:

:spit: If they had 1000$ sliders that were "gauranteed" to protect against all damage, they's sell like hotcakes:crackup:

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
:spit: If they had $1000 sliders that were "gauranteed" to protect against all damage, they's sell like hotcakes:crackup:
:wink:

Lessons always learned is there is no cure, meaning if you have Air Bags in your car doesn't mean your guaranteed to survive a head on crash, if you have champs they can save your frame but not in all situations just like any other sliders will not guarantee it. It seems many only get down once and when their sliders didn't help they call them crap....that is not a positive way to say one slider is better than another IMO :headshake

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the slider bracket bucklet turned in and gauged my large knee decal on the right side of the frame...didn't help the frame that much huh??? lowsided getting greedy with the throttle exiting....slid on the ground and into the sand pit, no flipping or any of that nonsense...I will post pics tomorrow of the slider...I didn't have too much damage, but if any of you has a brembo lever I need one for my 19^20. I also need a pulsing cover for the right side, a ram air duct, and oem right peg...thats it...thanks...

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
bracket buckled turned in and gauged my frame so they didn't protect shit...::bs:
You said it yourself...Bike slid off the track. Of course they bent...They are meant to slide not act as an anchor, which is what they did as soon as it went off the track

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
Several other members have went down on the Champs and they all said the Champs saved them $$$$$$$$.
ya i read thread after thread on the Champs sliders and not one negative review until this one.
and i have them on my bike aswell.

doesn't sound like your bike is too bad.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
my bike has been crashed 3 times with champs sliders. 3 lowsides and all 3 times they did their job. my last unscheduled dismount the bike DID make it into the dirt but it did not catch and flip.

to the OP, vortex sliders will protect your bike no better than Champs. Post up pics please!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I've never understood why people bothered with sliders in the first place. I've seen sliders cause more damage than if they weren't to have any, many times over. I've never owned any nor will I ever.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts