Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Piece of cake to install, they look good and are quality pieces. I highly recommend them. Hopefully I'll never need them at the track but you just never know.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MY oo ITCH said:
Hey those look great!! I hope that dog does'nt lift a leg on your front tire like my neighbors' dog did.:angryfire
LOL, oh hell no, Hailey knows better than to try that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,893 Posts
I am thinking of getting a set. My main concern is the bike tipping over in a parking lot or something. They look good.
 

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
Joined
·
4,368 Posts
Those look very similare to Lockhart,does anyone know which brand out of the two stick out farther?

and much was yours for the set?
 

·
Yankee Racer
Joined
·
14,838 Posts
+1 for champs sliders, been down plenty of times with them and they do a great job protecting the bike, tank...etc... Great product and Champ91(Pete) is a great guy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
+1 to that too. The sliders held up amicably after a lowside and the good thing was the bracket wasn't even damaged or bent. I only had to purchase a new slider (minus the bracket) from Champ91 to get the bike back up!

zx10ragentblack said:
+1 for champs sliders, been down plenty of times with them and they do a great job protecting the bike, tank...etc... Great product and Champ91(Pete) is a great guy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a quality product for sure. Hoping never to have the need but I'm sure the time will come now that I'm a track addict.
 

·
Yankee Racer
Joined
·
14,838 Posts
Otis said:
It is a quality product for sure. Hoping never to have the need but I'm sure the time will come now that I'm a track addict.
it will happen eventually unfortunately.....just hope it is a small get off with minor damage:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
I have the Shogun no cut but I can't see them being anywhere near as good as Champs. I'd go with Champs if I had to do it over again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
fun2fly said:
I have the Shogun no cut but I can't see them being anywhere near as good as Champs. I'd go with Champs if I had to do it over again.
:+1:
I went with Lockhart Phillips because of the price and thought all no-cut sliders were the same. Well surprise! surprise! There not. Lockharts mounts their bracket one side with a bolt and the other side just with a spacer pushed up against a nut end of an engine mount. CRAPPY!! Will it hold? :dontknow: Will I stay with Lockhart? Hell no!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
casey said:
Will those get in the way of your legs while you are rotating around the tank?
I'm 6'3..... I need to find some sliders that won't get in the way of my knees...
Do a search - there is a thread that talks about this. Some guy was 6 4 and they worked fine for him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,215 Posts
casey said:
Will those get in the way of your legs while you are rotating around the tank?
I'm 6'3..... I need to find some sliders that won't get in the way of my knees...
zx10ragentblack is kinda tall i think 6'3 or 4 been a while since I've seen JJ. I say kinda as Im 6'6" and he's shorter than me lol Says he has no problems with them at the track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,215 Posts
MY oo ITCH said:
:+1:
I went with Lockhart Phillips because of the price and thought all no-cut sliders were the same. Well surprise! surprise! There not. Lockharts mounts their bracket one side with a bolt and the other side just with a spacer pushed up against a nut end of an engine mount. CRAPPY!! Will it hold? :dontknow: Will I stay with Lockhart? Hell no!!
Sounds similar to my mounting.

2004-5 Installation pics at www.champindustries.net/zx10.html

2006 Installation Pics at www.champindustries.net/06zx10.html

But as posted by several people I know mine hold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
champ91 said:
Sounds similar to my mounting.

2004-5 Installation pics at www.champindustries.net/zx10.html

2006 Installation Pics at www.champindustries.net/06zx10.html

But as posted by several people I know mine hold.
I'm sorry Champ. Well your half right. On the clutch side (06 model) you use a stud with a nut end for the (D) side. Lockhart just has a stud that pushes up against the nut. It looks like the brake side is the same as Lockhart.
Why didn't you use the (nut-stud) on the brake side??
Once again I'm sorry didn't mean to dis your product. I was actually going to call you for a replacement for that stud side bolt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,215 Posts
MY oo ITCH said:
I'm sorry Champ. Well your half right. On the clutch side (06 model) you use a stud with a nut end for the (D) side. Lockhart just has a stud that pushes up against the nut. It looks like the brake side is the same as Lockhart.
Why didn't you use the (nut-stud) on the brake side??
Once again I'm sorry didn't mean to dis your product. I was actually going to call you for a replacement for that stud side bolt.
Pretty simple. Stock its a pass through bolt with a nut on one side. If I were to mount my posts on both sides it would require a new bolt and another Stainless Steel post. Both would add to the cost of the sliders. Thats not a bad idea but its not needed. When the entire assembly is mounted and locked in on the front, they are rock solid and perform well in a crash.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top