Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to say that these sliders are top notch quality. They are not the poser type of slider I have
seen from other companies and these are just what I was looking for, just a basic slider that seem like they will
do the job if need be. The install was so easy I was amazed. I have read about 10 oweners saying they would not
cut their plastics and I can somewhat understand, however that is why I wanted to give it a try. It would only cost
one side of plastic if I fugged up so I said OK I'm not going to f up. Especially since champ's are 1" base and 2" slider.

If anyone is interested on the "How To"....
1. Of course, remove faring(either side)
2. The bolt you will remove and replace has a hole in it. Put a drill bit that fits snugg in that hole.
3. Put the faring back on and twist the bit until it makes a mark on the inside of the faring.
4. Take the faring off and prepare to drill. (you will have a perfect center point) I used a 1" hole saw because
the base on Champ's is 1" and a 1" hole saw is 1" inside dia. That gives you about 1/8" to play with. Which
is more than enough. (important! take your time drilling because you don't want to get the paint so hot that
you make it bubble)

Same with the other side and your all done.
To be totally honest I was off by about 1/32 on my holes but my riding friends that saw it before and
after said you couldn't tell it was not factory.

I have not taken any pics but I surely will if anyone wants them. :beer:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Nice write up. I have these on mine and I did them a little differrent. Instead of a hole saw, I used a step drill aka universal drill. It's point is about 1/8" and goes up to 1-1/4" in steps. Once you locate the center, you use the step drill to gradually open up the hole. Once you get the hole near big enough you can see if your on center. If your off a little you can persuade the drill to the correct side and "shift the hole" Perfect install every time.

BTW glad you like them.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Champ for following up.....
My first choice was the step drill you are talking about, however I could not find one to borrow and the
price for a new one was $43.99 for a 1 1/4". I could get a center hole by using the drill bit thing. That
is when I went with a hole saw (that I could borrow).
Good sliders and for anyone scared of cutting the plastic... don't be with the Champs. I was off about a 32nd. If your off by just a bit
it will be OK b/c the base is 1" and the slider itself is 2".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts