Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gilles chain adjuster on my bike similar to the ones below. I need to tighten the chain, how is it meant to be done? I have an idea but i want to know for sure before i start loosening bolts.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I f you have that a similar style adjuster then you should just have to turn the bolt at the rear of the adjuster

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Pll cotter pin on axle castle nut, loosen castle nut and turn adjuster on back of chanin adjsuters equal ammounts on both sides so the indexing marks are even on both sides.

You will want to turn the adjusting screws clockwise to tighten the chain, counter to loosen it (I think thats right). The adjusters are kinda a shitty design, so I use a little bit of red loctite on the adjuster screws and go back after you tighten the axle castle nut, go back and snung the adjuster bolts about a quarter of a turn, you will notice they have
they may have a 1/4 to 1/2 turn play in the adjsuter bolts even after the axle castle nut is tightend

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pll cotter pin on axle castle nut, loosen castle nut and turn adjuster on back of chanin adjsuters equal ammounts on both sides so the indexing marks are even on both sides.

You will want to turn the adjusting screws clockwise to tighten the chain, counter to loosen it (I think thats right). The adjusters are kinda a shitty design, so I use a little bit of red loctite on the adjuster screws and go back after you tighten the axle castle nut, go back and snung the adjuster bolts about a quarter of a turn, you will notice they have
they may have a 1/4 to 1/2 turn play in the adjsuter bolts even after the axle castle nut is tightend
Thank, ill give it a go. :cool:

ps: rep sent :heyyou:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts