Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 ZX10. I put a 16T sprocket on the front and love it! Now I am thinkng of putting on a 41T rear to love it more! I know a 16/41 will work with stock chain but I want to replace my chain with a new one. I was looking at the EK ZZZ gold link x ring chain. I plan to put extenders on my bike to add about 4-6" but wasnt sure if a 120 link would do that or if I should get a 150.? I dont want to buy longer than what I need.

Also with a new chain, whats the proper way/how to replacing master links?

I am looking at an aluminum vortex rear sprocket keeping it stock thread pitch 525

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
if you plan on extending the bike 120 links isnt going to be long enough. you will need to get the 150 link. also that ZZZ chain is the strongest chain on the market so good choice man.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
give Dwayne a call at cycle concepts 803-285-8093 he will get you straight.
I called him and he gave me a fair price. $270 shipped to my door for a ZZZ 150 link 525 chain and a 41T steel rear sprocket. Hopefully parts come in before the weekend so I can see how far this thing goes into the 10s for me

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
I called him and he gave me a fair price. $270 shipped to my door for a ZZZ 150 link 525 chain and a 41T steel rear sprocket. Hopefully parts come in before the weekend so I can see how far this thing goes into the 10s for me
oh ok cool. dwayne is a good guy to deal with and very hepfull. im pretty sure you will recieve them bc he's really good about get people stuff out very quickly. post some pics once you get her stretched out :eek:ccasion1

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
You can get the EK ZZZ chain, longer SS brake line and extenders off of Myrtle West.com . They got a killer package deal.
Oh, if you shove the tire all the way forward, a -1/+2 sprocket setup will fit with stock chain. Though it really becomes a wheelie monster, border line annoying, at such a short wheelbase being all the way forward(rear wheel).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts