Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing a new chain and sprockets on my 06 10r. I got a -1F +2R and the chain needs to be cut to size. How many links do I need. Stock is 108, can I stick with that, should I go up down? Not sure, thanks for the help!!

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I think you can still retain the stock chain length but not positive.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I've had -1 +2 on my '05 for a loong time... add 2 links to chain stock

lenght.

:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
609 Posts
http://gearingcommander.com/

Great site for sprocket changes. At the bottom it includes information about chain length as well. Takes a little time to load, if your on dialup you might need to take a short nap.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Im installing a new chain and sprockets on my 06 10r. I got a -1F +2R and the chain needs to be cut to size. How many links do I need. Stock is 108, can I stick with that, should I go up down? Not sure, thanks for the help!!
you can stay with 108L however 110L will also work but extend the wheelbase about 10mm.

BD

·
Registered
334 Posts
If it a "drag" track then for sure it better. For the "race" track a shorter wheelbase is better.
not on this bike. and i'm talking about race track.me and some other racers with the 06-07 want the rear axel as far back as possible. this bike comes with a 1 inch shorter wheelbase compared to the other brands and it' part of some handling weaknesses this bike has.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts