Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to replace the chain on my 10r and thinking about putting +2 sprocket on the rear while keeping the stock one on the front.

My question would be whether the stock length (110) chain will fit that or I need a longer (112) link chain? :dontknow:

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Either will work. Do you want wheelies, or do you want the bike to take off for the horizon?

Stock chain length will shorten wheelbase a little. That plus the extra gearing will make wheelies easier. Longer chain will help keep the front end down.

I've found that the Gen 1 can use the extra stability from a bit more wheelbase.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The current setup on the bike that I bought it with is -1/+3. It is probably a little bit more than what I want/need. :)

Most of the time I am using the bike on street and 1-2 track days per month. I am not a person who wants to do wheelies so that is definitely not the goal. The reason why I thought about the +2 rear instead of the stock ratio is to get better acceleration while still keeping the bike streetable.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
It may fit, it may not. I could not get a 41 tooth to fit on stock chain and front sprocket on my Gen 1 though. It pulled it too far forward.

Edit: That was also after 15k miles

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
It may fit, it may not. I could not get a 41 tooth to fit on stock chain and front sprocket on my Gen 1 though. It pulled it too far forward.

Edit: That was also after 15k miles
:+1: i tried a +2 on the rear with -1 on the front on my stock chain and it wouldnt fit so i had to go with 112 links to make it fit and it moved the axel back lil bit which was nice also.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:+1: i tried a +2 on the rear with -1 on the front on my stock chain and it wouldnt fit so i had to go with 112 links to make it fit and it moved the axel back lil bit which was nice also.
Do you know how much the rear axle will move back with the longer 112 link chain?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the meantime I called the shop I will order the chain from and currently they do not have the sprocket combination I was looking for, so instead of the +2 rear I am going with -1 on the front while keeping the stock 39 teeth rear sprocket.

With -1 on the front, the stock 110 length chain should fit without any trouble, am I right?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Do you know how much the rear axle will move back with the longer 112 link chain?
with -1 +2 @112 links it moved the axel 3/4 back.

In the meantime I called the shop I will order the chain from and currently they do not have the sprocket combination I was looking for, so instead of the +2 rear I am going with -1 on the front while keeping the stock 39 teeth rear sprocket.

With -1 on the front, the stock 110 length chain should fit without any trouble, am I right?
you be fine with -1 stock rear with 110 links.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all of you! :eek:ccasion1

I will have the new chain and sprocket set tomorrow and hopefully I will have time to change it on the weekend.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Great! So my brand new Regina with 112 links will fit perfectly maintaining the front wheel in the ground :)
yes it will fit fine... give you lil more wb which is nice and helps keep that front end down :wink:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Im diggin it! That looks awesome

·
Registered
578 Posts
thats not just a regular black vortex, that is a cat 5 sprocket. i have them on ALL of our bikes. lookin good, needs black foot controls and brackets now. ski

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thx guys! I really enjoy this mod :)
The -1/+2 conversion give another ride sensation, the torque was awesome!
Now I trying to figure how to fix the speedometer in simple way, like using resistors. Anyone tried?

·
Registered
578 Posts
70 dollar speedo drd, or 115 dollar speedo healer. both of our bikes have the healer. was very easy to run the gps and match the EXACT readings. ski

1 - 20 of 20 Posts