Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace my chain soon on a 06 10r and decided to check with the pros on this site before I bought the chain.

I did a search here and have seen two different chain link numbers 108 links and 110 being used as the correct length

To really confuse the issue I spoke to the parts guy at the local dealer and he said 104 links. Because he has screwed up my orders before I consider him the least reliable :badteeth:

So to those who have gone before me what is the link count on the chain for the second gen 10r.. :dontknow:

I am going to order an RK x ring chain..

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
403 Posts
I dont know the exact link count on standard gearing but If you are buying a new RK Chain, they come in 120 Links Standard out of the Box. I just bought a new one for my GF's bike yesterday. So you have nothin to worry about.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know the exact link count on standard gearing but If you are buying a new RK Chain, they come in 120 Links Standard out of the Box. I just bought a new one for my GF's bike yesterday. So you have nothin to worry about.
I found a 110 X 525 on the internet for $114.00 delivered..

Just wanted to double check on the site regarding size and length...

Thank you for taking the time to answer :thumbsup:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I found a 110 X 525 on the internet for $114.00 delivered..

Just wanted to double check on the site regarding size and length...

Thank you for taking the time to answer :thumbsup:
You'll probly get a better deal than that. I got the RK GB520GXW Gold for 89.00 but thats from a local dealer thou.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts