Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is kind of retarded but do you guys keep your stock chain guard on, or take it off, i think it looks better with it off but im worried about chain lube flinging all over the undertail :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Run Repsol chain wax... never had a slinging problem. I keep my chain guards on, it's a personal preference.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:crackup: Ya it does need something thats for sure. As far as the chain lube i use PJ1 Blue lable its clear but i dont know yet, i sure wanna try that Repsol chain wax though i might go pick some up to compare the two :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
:crackup: Ya it does need something thats for sure. As far as the chain lube i use PJ1 Blue lable its clear but i dont know yet, i sure wanna try that Repsol chain wax though i might go pick some up to compare the two :eek:ccasion1
:+1: on the PJ1, no chain guard I guess you can say I like to live on the edge, ha

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,512 Posts
No guard for me either. Took it off the day I bought the bike and I don't even know where it is. The bike definitely looks better without the gaurd there and I like being able to visually inspect the chain as I'm walking up to the bike.

·
Registered
471 Posts
guard? we dont need no stinkin guard!

I just clean my sh*t up when it slings. it comes off pretty easily. but then, I dont believe in "show" bikes. I ride too much. not that I dont clean my bike, but ya know....

one of the tabs got broke off anyway, so..........

might get a hugger when I do away with the mufflers though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If one of you guys have a chain guard laying around,I would love to take it off your hands for cheap...Let me know what you have and how much you want,it must be in great condition, Pay pal waiting.:ayyy:

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
I have left mine on my Gen1, it doesn't really bother me.
However, I saw the way they look on the Gen3 arm(which I just bought) and I'm going to leave it off. Personal preference. Not too worried about the sling, I got a black tail section anyways :cool:

If one of you guys have a chain guard laying around,I would love to take it off your hands for cheap...Let me know what you have and how much you want,it must be in great condition, Pay pal waiting.:ayyy:
Ebay. I'd sell you mine but I'd rather sell the swingarm COMPLETE once I finish my Gen3 swap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts