Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so heres the story... i make a turn in 1st gear snap the throttle wide open and the bike revs but doesnt move. I look down instantly and i see the end off the chian going to the ground. i stopped asap and there is oil pouring out of my bike. so i get the bike home and survey the damge. heres the pics does anynone have a part number for the broken piece its the piece right below the CS. its plain as day whats broken...

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more pics of the gurads that saved alot !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
question: Looking at that worn CS, what chain did you use, and what rear sprocket ya running? Stock? And did you replace everything as a set?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was all replaced at one time about 5,000-7,000 miles ago... i need the part/ part number so i can get this replaced asap

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
just look in the fiche? get the part number and do a search

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Your main drive shaft bearing cover is what is broke, among other things, it is only about a 50$ part, but you will need a few other small parts well, check your water pump out as well.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Get yourself and EK MXZV...Nothing beats that chain.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was a 525 thanks for all the help

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
it was a 525 thanks for all the help
Ah, too bad it wasn't a 520........many on this site I'm sure were getting ready to jump in and say get a 525 and don't trust those week 520s for such a powerful bike :lol::helmet:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what other chains is everyone running. i really dont want to break another one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts