Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to replace the chain on my bike. What kit should I get to do it and who has the one I need?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Motion Pro has a couple of diff types to choose from so it depends on what you want.

Mine is part#08-135 cuts/rivets 520,530,630 chains but i'm not sure if its still available as its 6 yrs old.

BD

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you BD,

I see that kit will do everything I want. I wanted to save a couple of bucks and get the lighter weight version ($78) VS the HD version like yours ($119). The HD version looks easier to work with on our chains and less apt to break.
This is what I needed to know.

Mike

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
side note:

Mike if you've not attempted this before i'll pass along a friendly tip.
When you are ready to peen the rivets be patient and diligent and don't smash them flat but rather slowly peen them and avoid splitting them as that will lead to the mstr link being to tight which is not a good thing, and alternate between the two just as you would front axle pinch bolts when setting torque.

BD

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Daddy said:
side note:

Mike if you've not attempted this before i'll pass along a friendly tip.
When you are ready to peen the rivets be patient and diligent and don't smash them flat but rather slowly peen them and avoid splitting them as that will lead to the mstr link being to tight which is not a good thing, and alternate between the two just as you would front axle pinch bolts when setting torque.

BD
Thanks, this will be my first try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts