Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ceramic Bearings: Opinions, results, etc.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Ceramic Bearings: Opinions, results, etc.
Iv got Ceramic wheels bearings (5) its a real buzz the way they just roll on when up on the bench and its really easy to push the bike around :grin2: But is there a performance gain? i have no idea, will i have them again...i don't know. I have also ceramic transmission bearings in a stroker engine, again the transmission spins freely but is there a performance difference i don't know. So answering your question, its something i had to do but there is no noticable difference so i its probably best you spend it on something else. :crackup:

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spend the money on a track day
True that. I'm gonna opt to get another Speedcell and then pocket the rest or put it towards another helmet. My RF1200 drives me nuts. Fits like a glove is about as noisy as a leaf-blower... I tried adjusting the visor position and it honestly made it worse :lol:

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
Do not touch oem bearings, other than cleaning with each tire change out; I use wd 40 for cleaning that and seals and axles.

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
Does WD40 not damage the seals?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
No damage noted HOWEVER be advised that I have come across mega old timers that hate wd 40, but only a few; what seems to bother some is the perception that wd 40 hurts o rings in our chains.

However, I run thru a good chain inside 18k miles; for me, that is about 3.5 months weather permitting.

With bearings and bearing seals, never a problem noted; I use zero grease on bearings; same with axle; however, weather permitting, I change out rear between 3k-4k miles; front 4k miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts