Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a place that makes good ceramic bearings for the Carrozzeria V-Track wheels?
I'm having Woodcraft look into this for me, since they make ceramic bearings and I know they make good quality products, though the rep there said that she's unaware if they have made any for this wheel yet.
Are there better options for quality ceramics out there that have already made them for these specific wheels?

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so I have the bearing info on these wheels (As does Woodcraft now) in case anyone else has these and wants to know.
Carrozzeria V-Track standard sized wheels for 2011 ZX10R:
Front wheel: 2 total bearings, part #'s are-
6205-2RS
Rear Wheel: 3 total bearings (two sprocket side, one rotor), part #'s are-
6006-2RS

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Price is right .. Or at least from the few I got for people...
Check www.worldwidebearings.com
Edited: Corrected wrong bearing info..

Thanks blackpearl, I have been researching the hell outta these things today. I'm liking what I've been reading about Micro Blue and their coatings they add that "change the way lubricants work", keeping them contaminant free longer, reducing friction/heat even more, increasing longevity.
I read that the ceramic ball bearings are about 3x stronger & 60% lighter than their SS counterpart (a general consensus), though elsewhere, I read that if they're taken past their point of fatigue then they can all just shatter instead of one or two slowly grinding down as with the steel ones. Though that seems like disinformation to me, since ceramic bearings are just SS balls inside a ceramic coating. Maybe they're speaking of the actual coating breaking down? Just speculating some..
There was more info about "full ceramic" bearings (ceramic races & bearings) in other articles/forums, though it appears that they are not recommended at all for the demands of wheels, because they don't have the strength required.
Really, there are articles and opinions all over the place with this stuff. It's hard to determine what is honestly the best choice. I know either full ceramics Or hybrids are much lighter than the traditional steel bearings, taking less force to turn, thereby improving performance and decreasing friction/heat, either way you go. One guy that tested this stuff said he was seeing gains of about 3-4 HP, but about 5 lbs in torque with a 1000cc bike (GSXR I believe), when swapping the same wheel for hybrid ceramic bearings. Though the felt effects of acceleration, braking and flicking the bike into turns is supposedly quite noticeable.
So, anyone that really knows about this stuff, feel free to chime in. Gotta get the ball rolling, so to speak, asap. I want to make a purchase tomorrow if I can get the info I need to make an informed purchase. Gonna keep diggin away for now.........

·
Chairman of the Board
16,059 Posts
Its kind of the old "what synthetic oil" issue really. I mean in your mind you know just about any of the top brands will be more than adequate still you want to make the right choice for your own personal application. Bump to help you decide.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Its kind of the old "what synthetic oil" issue really. I mean in your mind you know just about any of the top brands will be more than adequate still you want to make the right choice for your own personal application. Bump to help you decide.

Exactly right. Just looking for the best quality.
So today I called Micro Blue and discussed the details in good depth with Craig and I decided to go with these guys. I guess I had some things mixed up about what type they offer. World Wide Bearings actually supplies bearings to Micro Blue. They then add their coating to them there. Micro Blue sells "hybrid" cerbic bearings (steel races, ceramic balls), not the full ceramics, that don't offer the same strength and safety. They also said they have not encountered any instance of their coating ever failing. As long as there is a good seal, to prevent brake dust from contaminating the lube, they should perform as expected indefinitely.
So they gave me a great price (which I probably shouldn't list here) on a full set with lube. Getting them made now and should be shipping today! I'm stoked!

Thanks for the tips or10r and 06blackpearl!

·
Chairman of the Board
16,059 Posts
Exactly right. Just looking for the best quality.
So today I called Micro Blue and discussed the details in good depth with Craig and I decided to go with these guys. I guess I had some things mixed up about what type they offer. World Wide Bearings actually supplies bearings to Micro Blue. They then add their coating to them there. Micro Blue sells hybrid "cerbic" bearings (steel races, ceramic balls), not the full ceramics, that don't offer the same strength and safety. They also said they have not encountered any instance of their coating ever failing. As long as there is a good seal, to prevent brake dust from contaminating the lube, they should perform as expected indefinitely.
So they gave me a great price (which I probably shouldn't list here) on a full set with lube. Getting them made now and should be shipping today! I'm stoked!

Thanks for the tips or10r and 06blackpearl!

Very cool man! :eek:ccasion1 Now I have my bearing lesson for the day as well. Lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts