Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello kawa riders. I adjusted my cct and the bike sounds nice now, But when i removed the crank cover and was looking at the chain guard i see this. Is this normal or is something wrong here ?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump really no one knows ? at least can some one look its take 10 min to take of the crank cover. =/

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
If its that on the back of the chain guide it looks like the coating has delaminated will it come off with a scraper or similar

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ride it today and damn what i like this bike, it fits me like a glove. I got a oil filter and new oil for it so i will open it up again and take better pics and see how the oil looks. im a bit worried so i didn't overtight the cct. But the bike sounded good and was going good. I was about to sell this bike when i got my kawasaki ninja h2 but now i think i will see my r1 and keep this and the h2 :wink2:

·
Registered
330 Posts
I recently changed mine (front was gouged on the old one) and compared the old and new.
The part is made of a piece of metal over-molded with some type of rubber or maybe Delrin which is nice slippery plastic.

What you see are the knit lines of the over-molded material as it flowed around the back of the injection mold.

It's there on both my new and old parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts