Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone coming to race? BFR aka Blackhawk Farms Raceway in Rockton, IL. Weather looks great. 70s and sunny.

Last weekend at RA, the 10 was hooking up really nicely. 2 1st, a 3rd and a 4th.

Not many 10s out there. Great bike!:mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Look for a black and yellow 10r, 51 plates. Sponsored by indy superbikes...names JJ Maule. He typically goes by the nick name Yankee.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Samps man you're fast!!! bike looks good man!! Was out there this weekend helping out a fellow racer from the forum. Zx10ragentblack (JJ)

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
teebo7 said:
Samps man you're fast!!! bike looks good man!! Was out there this weekend helping out a fellow racer from the forum. Zx10ragentblack (JJ)
+1 Matt, you are one fast motha. Great job out there this w/e as well and way to get er done.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
zx10ragentblack said:
+1 Matt, you are one fast motha. Great job out there this w/e as well and way to get er done.:thumbsup:
teebo7 said:
Thanks guys. Kind words. There is so much to learn! I wanted to come check out your setup on the black 10. When is your next event? June 10th? See you soon and hopefully we can meet, have a brat or a beer? Take care guys.

Check this guys work out. Quality.
http://photos.icustrn.com

This guy was there also.
http://www.gron4.com/

go to two wheeled, then to recent event then to bfr 05_06

later guys!
Matt

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Samps said:
Thanks guys. Kind words. There is so much to learn! I wanted to come check out your setup on the black 10. When is your next event? June 10th? See you soon and hopefully we can meet, have a brat or a beer? Take care guys.

Check this guys work out. Quality.
http://www.gron4.com/

go to two wheeled, then to recent event then to bfr 05_06

later guys!
Matt
Cool Samps, what gearing you runnin at BHF? Yeah I will be there next month for sure. Just gotta get the biek fixed up. Layed it down in T1 in the Unlim. GP race on sunday. What kind of finsihes did yah get? Looked like you were once again runnin towards the front. Great job,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1st GTO
1st Ultd SB
1st Ultd GP
2nd Ultd SS

I am running 16/42 right now. I use 2nd for turn 1, 6 and 7. I hit 5th in the straight and use mostly 3rd. I am thinking of going to 16/43 and throwing away 2nd gear all together. Wheelying gets old comin out of 7. Yourself? 520 btw

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Samps said:
1st GTO
1st Ultd SB
1st Ultd GP
2nd Ultd SS

I am running 16/42 right now. I use 2nd for turn 1, 6 and 7. I hit 5th in the straight and use mostly 3rd. I am thinking of going to 16/43 and throwing away 2nd gear all together. Wheelying gets old comin out of 7. Yourself? 520 btw

yeah i really need to switch to the 520 for sure. I was running a 16/41 but i really want to switch to a 16/42 at least next time. Great results man. So you even beat Alan I see. Congrats!!!! What kind of times were you running?
My results:
6th-GTO
10th-Ultd SB
10th-Ultd SS
19th-Crashed-Ultd GP

Hopefully much better next race but who knows. Glad to see you puttin the 10 on the box every race for sure and winning is even sweeter.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zx10ragentblack said:
Oh and i think i got a few pics of you if you would like them Samps
Would love to see them man. Thanks. On Sat. I ran my best time to date a 1:15.0. Alan dragged me to a 1:13.7 on Sunday chasing him down. Ran a bunch of 13s in that race. Those are solid resluts man, be proud. The 10 is so flickable for a liter bike. I need an exhaust I think. Stock header and a gutted stock can is what I have now. Have you dynoed your bike? Do you have any suspension mods or motor mods going on?

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Samps said:
Would love to see them man. Thanks. On Sat. I ran my best time to date a 1:15.0. Alan dragged me to a 1:13.7 on Sunday chasing him down. Ran a bunch of 13s in that race. Those are solid resluts man, be proud. The 10 is so flickable for a liter bike. I need an exhaust I think. Stock header and a gutted stock can is what I have now. Have you dynoed your bike? Do you have any suspension mods or motor mods going on?
Cool man, I will try to get you those pics later. Great times man.:thumbsup: As far as mods on my bike. I just have a slip-on exhaust and air filter..lol so nothing really and have not had it on the dyno so i dunno. I do have an ohlins rear shock and traxxion fork internals though and they are very nice. Still getting use to them as I just got them on this year. I ran my best times although not much to speak about. Got it in the low 16's a few times but I havent been to BHF maybe like 4 times total but hopefully I can cut a couple more secs off next time. Just gotta fix up the bike, it took a beatin after my lowside.:headshake Once again congrats and I will see you at BHF next month. :mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts