Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I don't care that they didn't pick the 10, but they didn't include either the new version of the CBR or the Gixxer. Typical MCN crap. :headshake

·
Registered
919 Posts
Looks like they just did a brief street comparison of how the 06' bikes stacked up against the new R1...The video left out alot of details too.

Doesn't suprise me they picked the CBR as number 1...I'm sure we'll see a full test of the 07's from them soon...

Nevertheless...There are better mags out there with better variable elimination and defined testing methods like RRW and mc-usa...
Just read the RRW three way test and they liked the CBR but the ZX10 won...They have alot of detailed information on their test so that's nice...

·
Banned
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not that i really care about what that magazine says but the a honda come one atleast say the gixxer is their #1 choice then it wouldnt offend me so much.... -----> mcn :fu2: <---

·
Registered
959 Posts
I guess we all need to READ the comparison because they sure didn't get into it in the video... They even said the ZX-10R was the bike to beat, but both last year and this year they choose the Honda... Hmmmm... I think them brits like the Fireblade... Maybe it's the name...

·
Registered
959 Posts
Sands said:
Looks like they just did a brief street comparison of how the 06' bikes stacked up against the new R1...The video left out alot of details too.

Doesn't suprise me they picked the CBR as number 1...I'm sure we'll see a full test of the 07's from them soon...

Nevertheless...There are better mags out there with better variable elimination and defined testing methods like RRW and mc-usa...
Just read the RRW three way test and they liked the CBR but the ZX10 won...They have alot of detailed information on their test so that's nice...

Could you scan and post this review?

Chad

·
Registered
138 Posts
The criteria was for best "ROAD" bike...didn't involve the track. Having both bikes at home ( wife has a cbr1000rr), the cbr IS a better road bike. It has great road manners, none of the throttle jerkiness, great midrange. Sure, it's a little heavier and doesn't have the power of the 10, but it is impeccable on the ROAD. Now for the track, it's ordinary, the 10 is all over it. Depends on what you want.And really who cares what a mag says. Why do you have to have what a mag reckons is the best...how small is your penis that having someone elses version of the best is important.

·
Registered
919 Posts
chad1043 said:
Could you scan and post this review?

Chad

I read it at the book store....Basicallly they said the ZX10 handled much better than last year (the bike strangely gained some weight and the distribution changed)...The ZX10 had the best brakes, clutch and transmission, and the best engine.....

The RRW magazine has almost every detail when it comes to specs...They have HP and torque figures in 1000 rpm incriments so you can compare them all rpm for rpm....The Yamaha was very weak everywhere and in some places 8 to 16 HP down on the CBR and ZX10...It was only after way up top did the Yamaha have any advantage...Didn't look good at all.

They have theoretical speeds at redline for every gear..Get this...The ZX10's theortical 1rst gear speed at redline was over 100 mph while the CBR's was only 54mph....Theoretical top speed on the ZX10 was 18 mph more than the CBR 198 to 180...

However, overall they ranked the CBR pretty close in the other categories and scored the highest torque numbers and it did well in the handling categories...

They didn't seem to like the R1 at all..It sounded as if it had alot of glitches..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts