Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for this and have an idea but I wanna make sure before I have to do all the work.

I have 07 ZX10R, I m planning on swapping the calipers with a 04 CBR1000RR Repsol. Other than the 5 MM shims and new crush washers, I dont need anything else right?

I also wanted to make sure the 04 CBR1000 Calipers are gonna fit on my bike. I have read the 06 fits and ZX14 ones fit but I wanna double check with the gurus.
Thanks already.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I did a search for this and have an idea but I wanna make sure before I have to do all the work.

I have 07 ZX10R, I m planning on swapping the calipers with a 04 CBR1000RR Repsol. Other than the 5 MM shims and new crush washers, I dont need anything else right?

I also wanted to make sure the 04 CBR1000 Calipers are gonna fit on my bike. I have read the 06 fits and ZX14 ones fit but I wanna double check with the gurus.
Thanks already.
Yes they will fit as you hope they will. 04-07 CBR calipers all work, as well as some of the CBR 600RR calipers. It is in Ervins thread that you asked in as well....I know it is a long thread but everything you want to know is located there.

-S

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
crush washer?
Crush washers- the copper washers that go on the banjo bolts at the caliper and master cylinder.

They crush a little when you tighten things up.

Similar to the one on the oil drain bolt.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I see, I used the one from my stock calipers.
Yeah, you can usually get away with a couple of uses as long as they weren't really cranked down excessively.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts