Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, ive been reading and reading and reading... the 07 cbr 600rr calipers fit the 07 zx10 i understand and you need the 5mm spacer with some minor grinding of some flange (easy on a belt sander) i get all of this but im about to order the galifer SS brake lines and have the stock 10 M/C but will the fittings still bolt up to the 07 cbr calipers.

I hope i got everything right...and if someone could answer this would be awsome. my bike is almost ready for the street, and its nice as hell outside:bs:

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I'm not sure about the grinding parts or it being a cbr600rr, I thought they were 1000rr calipers. But why don't you save yourself the trouble and just get some zx14 calipers right now on ebay for 100 bucks, no need for spacers and grinding?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
because the cbr600 calipers are for free and i read a post that the 07 600rr and the 1000rr are the same calipers. some one did it with the 600rr so i figured id try to save myself 100 bucks. plus the zx14 calipers are for piston if im not mistaken on a larger rotor. wouldnt my rotor wear be tremendous with the zx14 calipers on it? and could i run my stock M/c on my 10?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alight, but what about rotor wear? or am i just being to worryful lol..but i dont kno im going to go see if i can get the link to the thread that stated this about the 07 cbr600rr calipers working.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
353 Posts
For the average street rider will one notice a big difference in this brake mod? Aren't the stock zx10 brakes pretty good?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont kno personally i like to have the brakes there when i need them. and a week after just buyin my 10 and riding and feeling friends brakes... there deffinetly spongy. i just ordered 07 cbr600 calipers, they say it works and fits but ima see for myself now. and i ordered the galfer SS lines. so we shall see

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
i dont kno personally i like to have the brakes there when i need them. and a week after just buyin my 10 and riding and feeling friends brakes... there deffinetly spongy. i just ordered 07 cbr600 calipers, they say it works and fits but ima see for myself now. and i ordered the galfer SS lines. so we shall see
hey Monster zx did they fit?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The spacers have flanges on both sides, you need to grind off one side. I see a lot of people just putting washers between the spacer and the caliper, but I kind of prefer the factory spacers with one side ground off - the other side still fits inside the caliper nicely. As far as lines, just get standard 2nd gen zx10 lines, and your standard master cylinder.

And yes, there is a night and day difference.

edit: and I too did the cbr calipers because they are a ton cheaper. People are selling used zx14 calipers for stupid money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts