Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some of you may remember, one of my ZX10's got stolen back in June. It was a very nice bike that I custom built every piece. Layed it down one night around 9pm and came back about 9:15 with a truck and somebody had already stolen it. I reported it stolen and claimed it on my insurance.
As luck would have it, I found a guy selling a bunch of my old parts. I cant be sure he is the one who stole the bike, but he is definately trying to sell custom parts that came off my bike.
So what to do???
I called the police and they dont give a crap. Simply too much going on for them to follow up on some stupid stolen bike parts.
What I'd really like to do is go meet the guy in person and split his wig. Unfortunately Ive got way too much to lose to be going around handicapping people.
Suggestions?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I am not saying to do this but sugar in gas tank and knife to sidewalls of all four tires there is a way to spider crack his whole windshield with sparkplug just do it ninja style and when he gets new tires do it again. Follow him to the store and beat his ass! Just a few things a theif deserves, I cant belive the police wont do anything about somebody selling stolen parts, keep going to them show them the theft report and demand as a citizen to be protected against theft!

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
If you weren't so far away I'd make a weekend road trip there and tune his ass up for ya and split town.
I hate a damn theif.

·
Registered
706 Posts
If I remember correctly the parts are legally yours. It does not matter how the person aquired the stolen parts. Show up to buy everything with the police report in hand. Once the parts are presented take them give him the report and make an equal exchange. It might be worth a shot.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
If this happened to me, a few things would come to mind.

After having a good handfull of detailed info, name, address, phone, email address, copies, proof (you can get this by being legit and actually buying a few things from him to get all that), and a small synopsis.
This will take 8-12 hours and a few days to fully accomplish, but the releif is awesome and rewarding!

With that info:
Call 10-15 of the closest Police, Sherrifs at various times and report this to as many as possible, Watch commanders, everyone, so by the end of the week, the entire County LE are aware, I doubt a theif would want dozens and dozens of LE aware of him and his actions.
Call as many lawyers as possible and see what they can do.
Then send info to Every news outlet you know(call and email), chan 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, and dozens of others in your local area and national, some might post it. Post this on Craigs list in ever imaginable listing relative to yours.
Post on FB, Twitter, MS.
There are also Police and Law Enforcement websites, POST IT ALL THERE WITH ALL THE INFO!
Call and report this to your insurance.
Join every humaly know motorcycle forum and post all that info. There's a good 100 of them, let all the sportbike, harley, moped, classics, enduros, dirtbike, etc people know. (everyone of them hate thieves and you never know who's reading it and might actually act upon it, this can get the guy killed, there are some crazies out there).

I have a few other techniques that are not ethical, if you want I can pm you.

When all said and done email the guy and tell him exactly what you did and that, you have a few weeks off to do some more serious stuff that can put his life in jeopardy and that you want everything back with % for the time lost.

This is just a few ideas to get started.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would contact your insurance company. They paid you off for the bike.. I'm sure they would be very interested in recouping any parts or the whole bike. `
They will contact the law.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
Static, brother, you don't mess around, huh?
Let's just say I don't go around telling people I hate theives. I actually do something about it.

You should one day hear my techniques to get blacklisted from Telemarketers.
Very affective and kinda intrusive.

·
The Pace
6,988 Posts
kinda a cluster as don't know if he's the thief or received stolen parts or mines the net for good prices then resales. I guess some popo has enough to get a warrant to check the property.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Call when you're near the guys house and ask for a officer to assist you in retrieving your parts. I'm sure an officer would come out to avoid having the situation escalate.
If they don't want to come, call some friends and do it the old fashioned way

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Now thats the sh1t Im talkin about
This is the only way i know how to handle things so i just shut my mouth. lol. Glad Static chimed in, much more calculated than my Louisville Slugger tactics...but the baseball bats work like RIGHT NOW and shit is taken care of, move on and go get dinner and a movie or something.:badteeth: Is it illegal to tape someone without them knowing? Think it is, if not go over there and secretely tape your conversation when you try to buy the parts. IDK dude, we just need some fist party justice here i think.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
This is the only way i know how to handle things so i just shut my mouth. lol. Glad Static chimed in, much more calculated than my Louisville Slugger tactics...but the baseball bats work like RIGHT NOW and shit is taken care of, move on and go get dinner and a movie or something.:badteeth: Is it illegal to tape someone without them knowing? Think it is, if not go over there and secretely tape your conversation when you try to buy the parts. IDK dude, we just need some fist party justice here i think.
The Louisville tactic will get you behind bars and you don't want that on your conscience for a material thing too.
You don't take a life for material possesions.
But my tactics will taint him for life. You spend the time, engery and resources, you'll get much more effective results and your stuff and money.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Break both his arms so next time he takes a dump he has to get someone else to wipe his arse. It'll make him think twice about doin it again.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
The Louisville tactic will get you behind bars and you don't want that on your conscience for a material thing too.
You don't take a life for material possesions.
But my tactics will taint him for life. You spend the time, engery and resources, you'll get much more effective results and your stuff and money.
Not talkin about takin a life, unless i get carried away, lol. But thats why i wont start to begin with, most times i cant get myself stopped. There have been times though i thought a thief would be worth it cause thievery and lying is at the top of my fuckery list (they are both cowardly acts to me). Now OTOH i wouldnt mind having a nice collection of fingers, ears, lips, hands, nutsacks, peckers, eyeballs and anything else i could cut off. Ive always been a firm believer in Hammurabi's Law Code's but i still like your tactics Static.:thumbsup: They wont put ya behind bars for life like mine would but if its one thing ive learned in life - ya dont get caught! lol:badteeth:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Break both his arms so next time he takes a dump he has to get someone else to wipe his arse. It'll make him think twice about doin it again.

This! I just had shoulder surgery and it messed with me mentally to have to, for the first time in my life, wipe with the left hand. TMI i know, just saying, out of all the things, not being able to wipe my own ass like i have all my life psychologically bitch slapped me.:badteeth: Cant imagine not being able to wipe at all or have someone else do it for me. Would be difficult cause id be too busy laughing hysterically at whoever had to do the job.

·
Registered
617 Posts

Nope do it like in the old ages cut off his hand :wink: but first be sure it's the thief :mrgreen:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
Not talkin about takin a life, unless i get carried away, lol. But thats why i wont start to begin with, most times i cant get myself stopped. There have been times though i thought a thief would be worth it cause thievery and lying is at the top of my fuckery list (they are both cowardly acts to me). Now OTOH i wouldnt mind having a nice collection of fingers, ears, lips, hands, nutsacks, peckers, eyeballs and anything else i could cut off. Ive always been a firm believer in Hammurabi's Law Code's but i still like your tactics Static.:thumbsup: They wont put ya behind bars for life like mine would but if its one thing ive learned in life - ya dont get caught! lol:badteeth:

Here's what will happen with your technique.

Arrest for aggrevated assault, a record on your file, fines, court, lawsuite. No one will know about him and what he did. Your life ruined.
And he won't have really learned anything and can still pursue his lifestyle.

My technique.....none of the above.. but a feeling of complete contenment and releif where others will know you kinda don't take to lightly when your property is taken with out your consent. his life pretty messed up.
Would you want to be on the news with your face for everyone like friends, family, co-workers, Law Enforcement, Public Records, neighbors knowing all this?

It's better to be stealthy with a destructive.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts