Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Macy yesterday to buy a suit for a buddy's Las Vegas wedding this weekend. When it's time to pay the cashier ask If I have a Macys card, I said 'no". He looked horrified to see that I was paying with cash.. Lord and behold I can't get the discounts with cash only with a credit card.. I'd ended up using my debit card but can't take my suit until next business..... until the payment is verified.. I guess that's how they keep people dependent on the CC...

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
I went to Macy yesterday to buy a suit for a buddy's Las Vegas wedding this weekend. When it's time to pay the cashier ask If I have a Macys card, I said 'no". He looked horrified to see that I was paying with cash.. Lord and behold I can't get the discounts with cash only with a credit card.. I'd ended up using my debit card but can't take my suit until next business..... until the payment is verified.. I guess that's how they keep people dependent on the CC...
Its true. I bought a car recently and thought I would get a better deal paying cash. Turns out Ford offers a $1000.00 rebate for financing that you DONT get if you pay cash. I financed, made one payment and then payed the balance off. Saved me $1000.00. But yeah, they want that interest money if they can get it.

·
The Pace
6,931 Posts
Macy's thing should be a felony, for sure a civil court matter. The Ford thing NOT the same as Ford wants to rip off on the interest rate as most people can't think two days into the future so spend everything and go into slave debt. If you would have called ahead to arrange cash payment with the 1k rebate they would've complied. Just to get the stupid car off the lot.

I know how business dorks connect the dots. Observe them often.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
There is no incentive to pay cash anymore. I just use the store cards, get whatever discount, then pay it off when I get home. I just have to be careful not to buy more than what I can pay off, that's when they make there money back off you on the ridiculous interest rates. I think the kohls card I have is 30 percent. Freaking nuts.

·
The Pace
6,931 Posts
Nothing illegal about the transaction.:headshake:

It's buyer beware always, be diligent with your homework and all will be ok.

BD
on federal reserve notes we see stated: good for all transactions. We do not want a cashless society as the gulag gov will even more control.

Do you trust the government? If you do, I can provide you a beginner book reading list. I'm serious. 0:)

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
on federal reserve notes we see stated: good for all transactions. We do not want a cashless society as the gulag gov will even more control.

Do you trust the government? If you do, I can provide you a beginner book reading list. I'm serious. 0:)
ummm, ahhhhh no i don't have any interest in the reading list, way too much dork know wha imma sayin son??:screwy:

BD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here in MI gas stations offer lower per gallon rates on gas if you pay in cash! They even advertise the cash and (higher) credit prices on their signs.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The gas station do it here too..at times I rather pay cash.... I guess all the retailers are going way of their own CC to get customers stuck on making the minimal payment.... You guys/gals remember paying for stuff by checks and how we get the "look" because it was taking up time..... well now it's the cash's turn LOL!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts