Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
You know...

I like to read technical stuff on forums about bikes. I have to say though-
When it comes to GEN 1 ZX-10R's other model forums have absolutely nothing to offer in terms of set up..No amount of data or experience transfers to our machines. The geometry is very specific and in order to set up your bike properly the only people I have found that can offer wisdom is fellow owners who have navigated the maze that is the development process for our bikes.

2 YEARS...
2 FRIGGIN YEARS..Thats how long it has taken to get my bike dialed suspension wise..Many hours and laps-pitting,adjusting,riding,repeat..But man it really is rewarding when you get the bike to the point of REALLY feeling like its on "rails"..

·
Registered
434 Posts
You know...

I like to read technical stuff on forums about bikes. I have to say though-
When it comes to GEN 1 ZX-10R's other model forums have absolutely nothing to offer in terms of set up..No amount of data or experience transfers to our machines. The geometry is very specific and in order to set up your bike properly the only people I have found that can offer wisdom is fellow owners who have navigated the maze that is the development process for our bikes.

2 YEARS...
2 FRIGGIN YEARS..Thats how long it has taken to get my bike dialed suspension wise..Many hours and laps-pitting,adjusting,riding,repeat..But man it really is rewarding when you get the bike to the point of REALLY feeling like its on "rails"..
AMEN!!! I hear that!:+1:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I went with a Race Tech revalve, all the new valves and upped the spring rates front and rear, Its a lot better than stock but I would still love to try out a cartridge kit/new rear shock one of these days but the deal I got from RT was to good to pass up. I get to really test it all out this Sunday at Fontana. All I have done so far is blasted up Palomar a couple times and tooled around town.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You want to talk about to big shots when it comes to suspension go at it wow!!! For us mere mortals and occassional track junkies you really can't go wrong with either. As for Ohlins all their equipment requires tweaking. Out the box my top shelf rear shock needed to be adjusted to fit my weight and riding style. Granted its not the same piece used by the Pros but I can't really tell. As far as front all I did was re-valve and re-spring my front and dialed in the settings and they work great. Together the forks and shock work marvelously. Also remember both are in the market to sell you Sh*t. Once again if its branded and used by the Pros you really can't go wrong with Ohlins, Traxxion, Matris, Racetech, Lindemanns, Aftershocks, Penske and so on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts