Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys before I drop my load does anybody have some experience with this wheels? What I am interested in is what performance gain will these wheels give over the stockies. I figured the gold color should atleast make the bike +10mph faster :lol: I love the look and the price is great.

·
Registered
657 Posts
they're not that much lighter, like 1/2lb - 1lb lighter in front and 2-3lbs lighter in back...there was a write up on them a while back that had their weights listed. but i can tell you that even with the small weight loss turn-in is much snappier. overall it makes the bike feel much more nimble. plus they're omg sexy...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I think the weight savings by my own scale was 1 pound up front and 3 in the rear. Doesnt seem like much. But when you go from stockers to the CZ's there is a HUGE difference in transitions from left to right, the bike is much easier to flick around. It honestly made my bike just about as flickable as my buddies 06 6R. The first time I went from the stockers to the CZ. I seriously thought something was wrong, because the bike would turn in much faster. I'm very happy with mine.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
The CZ's are really nice wheels. I personally had them on my 05 ZX10 and my 05 636. The loss of a 1/2lb is huge. MY initial opinion was "gawd these wheels are beautiful" then after much seat time, I bought a 2nd set for the race bike. I would buy wheels before a full system. Same price, and the wheels will give you as good, or a better performance gain. I literally went from 2nd/ 3rd gear wheelies on the 10 (no clutch, only power) to 3rd and 4th gear with ease. It made that big if a difference. The 05 Magma pictured in the CZ group buy thread is my old 10. I sold it to Hottee last year...

By the way, Brad, Mary and the rest of the SuperBike Supply crew are awesome to deal with.

Attachments

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I actually really like the look of the rims but with other aftermarkets in the 7-8 lbs weight loss range that is what I am shooting for.....

·
Registered
334 Posts
The CZ's are really nice wheels. I personally had them on my 05 ZX10 and my 05 636. The loss of a 1/2lb is huge. MY initial opinion was "gawd these wheels are beautiful" then after much seat time, I bought a 2nd set for the race bike. I would buy wheels before a full system. Same price, and the wheels will give you as good, or a better performance gain. I literally went from 2nd/ 3rd gear wheelies on the 10 (no clutch, only power) to 3rd and 4th gear with ease. It made that big if a difference. The 05 Magma pictured in the CZ group buy thread is my old 10. I sold it to Hottee last year...

By the way, Brad, Mary and the rest of the SuperBike Supply crew are awesome to deal with.
this is off topic but how do you like your 07 6r.thanks

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
this is off topic but how do you like your 07 6r.thanks

I'll tell ya after Sunday... Her first track day. I've got a whole 60 miles on her now... It's a gutless 600 on the street (like all 600's after you've rode liter bikes for years LOL) but on the track I'm sure she'll own!

Lookin forward to draggin some shit Sunday afternoon!!!!!:helmet: :thefinger

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
I actually really like the look of the rims but with other aftermarkets in the 7-8 lbs weight loss range that is what I am shooting for.....

7-8 lbs of weight loss? Ummm... You may have seen something I didn't but that's pretty much impossible even on a full set of rims. The 10 and 6 r rims are pretty damn light to start with. The CZ's shed some weight and a lot of rotating mass for $1500... Magnesium sheds a bit more for $2200+. Carbon Fiber sheds a little more for $3500... whatcha gonna do?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
thats what Im talking about magnesium. marvic silver stones save about 7.5 lbs of weight and the best shave about 8.5 lbs off.

I dont know about marchesinis i havent had the chance to weigh any of them.

marvics is whats gunna be for me I think. for the price and the weight and the look I think they are perfect.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats what Im talking about magnesium. marvic silver stones save about 7.5 lbs of weight and the best shave about 8.5 lbs off.

I dont know about marchesinis i havent had the chance to weigh any of them.

marvics is whats gunna be for me I think. for the price and the weight and the look I think they are perfect.
no doubt man marvics are badass:cool: the price on the Carrozzeria's is great though. They will hold me over well until I get my 240 conversion :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I reckon carbon is the way froward, to make big improvements in the weight loss department. As the standard wheels are so light to begin with.
Now if I setup a paypal account and everyone of you donate US$1, after 3,500 donations, I can ahve some blinging carbon on my bike.:mrgreen: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I reckon carbon is the way froward, to make big improvements in the weight loss department. As the standard wheels are so light to begin with.
Now if I setup a paypal account and everyone of you donate US$1, after 3,500 donations, I can have some blinging carbon on my bike.:mrgreen: :thumbsup:
:+1: I just opened my account too, let the donating begin :lol:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I run these on my 2005 ZX6R and they make the bike even more flickable, far easier to change lines when the bike is leaned over.
and has an overall less engine braking effect.

This is going to be my 1st BIG Mod on my 2004 ZX-10R.

As for the durability and finish on the Carrozzeria's, i have had mine for 2 years and they gorgeous still, and i have the unprotected aluminum finish.
Great bang for the bike for sure.

check out the pics
http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/jdgun_13/

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I run these on my 2005 ZX6R and they make the bike even more flickable, far easier to change lines when the bike is leaned over.
and has an overall less engine braking effect.

This is going to be my 1st BIG Mod on my 2004 ZX-10R.

As for the durability and finish on the Carrozzeria's, i have had mine for 2 years and they gorgeous still, and i have the unprotected aluminum finish.
Great bang for the bike for sure.

check out the pics
http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/jdgun_13/
Do you have all those bikes? A 1098, rc51, zx-10r, and zx-6r and a vette? If so, I OFFICIALLY HATE YOU! :lol: :thefinger What do you do? I need to do that for a living! :eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 22 Posts