Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if anyone knows where to get the best price for carrillo rods and JE pistons for 2008 zx10r?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Get CP Pistons they are waaaayyyyy better the JE Pistons !!!!
So you've had specific issues with JE.?

As of Nov '09.. CP did not carry them.
They will do a custom run using your stock piston. $215 each.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ive got nothing but goood things to say about JE pistons...13.5+ compression and 14lbs of boost on pump 93 octane gas.....and they lived for 8000+miles
STD or +3mm ?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Wow,
WAY better than JE that is saying something for sure....So what makes them so much better i would like to know for sure?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The problem with J.E. pistons in comparison to the cp pistons is that they are pretty heavy ....Both are really good but in my opinion cp pistons are the way to go.....They don't have a set application for zx10 but if you call them with the bore and stroke and some other details they can make up a piston for you....

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have a set of CP pistons in my turbo ZX10 - they were made for Muzzy.

Which means that CP has the specs for the ZX10, they might have a 13.5:1 piston available.

·
Registered
683 Posts
CP pistons are stronger, lighter and better made, period !!!! Hands Down....I had too many problems with J.E.'s in the past in my ZX-12 and ZX-9. Maybe they have gotten better over time. I had clearance issues, specs not being as close as i would like them throughout the piston set, pin bore cracked on a couple of sets with just a 80 shot of nitrous and stroker motor !!!! Just my past experiences and like i said maybe they have gotten better overall but now all i will use is either C.P. or Wossner pistons in any of my built engines !!!! Give Wossner a call I just received my +3mm/13.5:1 overbore pistons from them last month and they are nice. Im geting them DLC coated now by a Formula One company !!!! They should withstand a great amount of nitrous now. Yes Wossner makes standard size with high compression, +2mm &+3mm pistons for our ZX-10's now........The Wossner pistons will fit all years from 2004-2010 as they all have the same bore sizing, pin diameter, rings and etc.....I only paid like $570.00 for the complete set of Wossner pistons which comes with skirt coating, all 4 pins,circlips, and rings !!! Keep in mind that these pistons are made in Germany and these badd boys are spec'ed out too !!!! They are nice....

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
CP pistons are stronger, lighter and better made, period !!!! Hands Down....I had too many problems with J.E.'s in the past in my ZX-12 and ZX-9. Maybe they have gotten better over time. I had clearance issues, specs not being as close as i would like them throughout the piston set, pin bore cracked on a couple of sets with just a 80 shot of nitrous and stroker motor !!!! Just my past experiences and like i said maybe they have gotten better overall but now all i will use is either C.P. or Wossner pistons in any of my built engines !!!! Give Wossner a call I just received my +3mm/13.5:1 overbore pistons from them last month and they are nice. Im geting them DLC coated now by a Formula One company !!!! They should withstand a great amount of nitrous now. Yes Wossner makes standard size with high compression, +2mm &+3mm pistons for our ZX-10's now........The Wossner pistons will fit all years from 2004-2010 as they all have the same bore sizing, pin diameter, rings and etc.....I only paid like $570.00 for the complete set of Wossner pistons which comes with skirt coating, all 4 pins,circlips, and rings !!! Keep in mind that these pistons are made in Germany and these badd boys are spec'ed out too !!!! They are nice....
You say all the pistons are the same...bore size, pin diameter rings...what about valve relief ...will a std bore 13.5 compression piston from a 07 fit in a 08+ without slapping the valves or head..? is the combustion chamber different......and i think if that were true, that you can use any standard bore size piston, why does JE has 2 different part numbers for std pistons...one lists pistons for 04-07 and the next is for 08-2010..?

part number 222111 for 04-07 and part number 284718 for 08+

·
Registered
342 Posts
You say all the pistons are the same...bore size, pin diameter rings...what about valve relief ...will a std bore 13.5 compression piston from a 07 fit in a 08+ without slapping the valves or head..? is the combustion chamber different......and i think if that were true, that you can use any standard bore size piston, why does JE has 2 different part numbers for std pistons...one lists pistons for 04-07 and the next is for 08-2010..?

part number 222111 for 04-07 and part number 284718 for 08+
Wossner's website lists pistons for 04-07.. sent them an email regarding compatabilty for 08-10.

·
Registered
342 Posts
no reply yet..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts