Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you techy guru's out there here's a question for you.. lets put those skills to work..I have an 08 zx10r.. I'm looking to gain another 20hp without spraying her. Carpenter racing offers a head and cam package that claims to give you and additional 18-24hp.. If I go with that set up from where my bike is now, ill be putting out about 180-187hp. The purpose of this is to get that same number the BMW S1000rr is getting. Or I can wait until feb and get the 2011 zx10r black of course and put an akro slip on, pwr cmndr and filter and be at the same number. I love my 08 it handles great at the track but I also do the mile 1/2 race and my only lost has been to the beamer.. And the rider was 100lbs heavier than me!!!! let me know what you guys think..... now i have a custom hmf full system pwr cmndr 3r and race filter..

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Or you can sell your gen 3 and get a gen 1 and get the AA supercharger, then you wouldn't have to ask who has more HP....well not for at least 3 years perhaps.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I would keep the one you have now, but instead of getting the carpenters head and cam package, I would contact JNM Motorsports and talk with him. He's gonna guide you in the right direction and He KNOW what he's doing!!!! :stir:

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
JNM knows there shit when it comes to the 10's and they have the quickest zx10 out there, thats the route i would go if you decide to keep your 3rd gen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Go full Ti racing Akro system and a factory racing ecu( if you can get them)
Did my stock Gen2 183 RWHP with under a 1000 miles on her so probabley be more now ( race gas helps, nad mpg is now gone :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would say 2011, but it all depends how much money you have at your disposal dosen't it?

·
Registered
522 Posts
jnm or competition cnc either one of these guys know how to make power.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
.Back in the day when Carpenter was hand porting 2 valve heads it was pretty good stuff. His cnc stuff is a waste of $$$, time and effort. Ask me how I know

·
Registered
251 Posts
Try a cnc competition head cam package, give the 2011 time for the bugs to show if theres any. You can all ways sell head and trade 3 gen if it comes down to it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Ok you techy guru's out there here's a question for you.. lets put those skills to work..I have an 08 zx10r.. I'm looking to gain another 20hp without spraying her. Carpenter racing offers a head and cam package that claims to give you and additional 18-24hp.. If I go with that set up from where my bike is now, ill be putting out about 180-187hp. The purpose of this is to get that same number the BMW S1000rr is getting. Or I can wait until feb and get the 2011 zx10r black of course and put an akro slip on, pwr cmndr and filter and be at the same number. I love my 08 it handles great at the track but I also do the mile 1/2 race and my only lost has been to the beamer.. And the rider was 100lbs heavier than me!!!! let me know what you guys think..... now i have a custom hmf full system pwr cmndr 3r and race filter..
Which are your actual mods?
Gearing for 1/2 mile?
You shouldn't be loosing that much to the 1000rr. In fact you shouldn't be loosing witha guy 100lbs heavier on that bike.
Seems like things may be easily improved depending on your actual platform.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Well i say its cheaper to freshen up yer g3's engine and add power mods..You know the bike and will get more from it cause you know the bike..
$15000 can get alot of power and more toys,carbon fibre hell for half that you can have a superbike pro builder do ya up an engine that will make the g4 shit its pants..
So many variables with the new 10,to many sayin to much shit and no one really knows squat except for a few dyno runs..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts