Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this company ? I see they have bigbore kits and different cams in addition to porting cylinder heads.
I'm doing the thin head gasket and degreeing the cams this winter and might use them for a valve job/porting. Just wondering if anyone on the board had any expierience with them. Thanks Otto

·
Registered
287 Posts
Haven't used them before, but will look them up. Thanks for the pointer.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Know about them.
There real good. however a port job is a waste of money for the ten. save the money and get the kawi intake cam instead.

·
Registered
58 Posts
sczx10r said:
Know about them.
There real good. however a port job is a waste of money for the ten. save the money and get the kawi intake cam instead.
Wow, you really feel porting the head on a ZX10 is a waste of money? Now granted, they do come CNC ported from the factory, but have you seen the transitions.

I don't think you will see quite the flow number increase from a 10 head after porting vs. a non factory CNC ported head, but you will see noticable gain.

There is a lot of room for improvement on the job that kawi has done from the factory on the 10 head.

Carpenter is a very reputable source for this improvement too. Just ask Norm Jackson.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
:+1:

People take the whole "ported from the factory" thing too far. Like Dash said, the head is much better than the old days. But having the head ported by someone who knows what they are doing will still get you a good increase in power.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dash said:
Wow, you really feel porting the head on a ZX10 is a waste of money? Now granted, they do come CNC ported from the factory, but have you seen the transitions.

I don't think you will see quite the flow number increase from a 10 head after porting vs. a non factory CNC ported head, but you will see noticable gain.

There is a lot of room for improvement on the job tha kawi has done from the factory on the 10 head.

Carpenter is a very reputable source for this improvement too. Just ask Norm Jackson.
Carpenter will get you some very Respectable HP #'s from Mildly mofified to extreme.. I have all 3 setups, Super Sport, Mild and Higly modified ZX10's.. They all Fly...

Like Dash said, there's alot of power still left in the ZX10 head...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Dash said:
ha ha, yeah right, squid.

Here is a pic of me and the "squid" right be fore the semi finals in Valdosta last year.
Hey your "squid" too. :lol:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
2 bloo tens at the dragstrip. aww shit got wood again brb

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Dash said:
just by association,see Norm's and my bike are the same color blue, so I guess that makes us both squids :lol:
Yeah, I think he has the faster black bike now!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dash said:
ha ha, yeah right, squid.

Here is a pic of me and the "squid" right be fore the semi finals in Valdosta last year.
Nice Pic Dash and I remember you handed me my azz that pass..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ruthless Racing said:
Yeah, I think he has the faster black bike now!!! :mrgreen:
Yeah my black ZX10 is faster, but thats because of the big azz Carpenter Motor and 65" wheelbase... It flat out Flies.....

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
:zx_blk:

·
Registered
58 Posts
normjack said:
Nice Pic Dash and I remember you handed me my azz that pass..

ha ha ha, that was a good race. Was only paying ya back for the whoopin' you gave me in the semi-finals at Memphis in 2004 :lol:

D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts