Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
very interesting but imo i would say for that kinda loot i would do the turbo first. just my .02

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Miykl if it were me considering any of the internal mods it would be a mix of the above packages.

Bigbore/replate, balance & blueprint internals and square up the head/cylinder and thats it.

BD

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big Daddy said:
Miykl if it were me considering any of the internal mods it would be a mix of the above packages.

Bigbore/replate, balance & blueprint internals and square up the head/cylinder and thats it.

BD
I was thinking the overbore and bumped up compression. Not into radical cams as I think they would be counter productive on the street.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Didn't someone have a problem with thier valve retainers? I will go this route before buying another 1000. Unless someone makes a big bang enigine street bike with a engine braking management system.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I had a head done by carpenter about 2 years ago. A buddie has a busa motor done by them and hasn't lost a race with it yet. I hear it is making 220 hp all motor. As for the head I had done was for my 98 zx9 with a 998 muzzy kit. I let
a buddie ride it yesterday and just so happen we run into a busa looking to play.
I was on my 10 and told my buddie to run the busa. The busa was an 04 and the rider was about 180 pd. My buddie is 270 with no gear on. He jumped a bike on the start an pulled about 3 or 4 bike on the busa going thur the gears. We
all pulled over an all a heard the busa rider saying is the that 9 is fast. Sad to say the busa would not start after the runs. Everyone I know that had work done by Bob Carpenter has been happy as I am. There was also a buddie on and
k3 gixxer 1000 and he left a fraction after the 9 and the busa and could not gain
on them at all. I race another buddie with an 04 10 same as mine and I pulled about 3 bike him I let off after seeing he wasn't going to hang.. He has a Micron slipon and I have akra slip on with a pc. He is about 50 pds lighter than me. The 9 was also able to pull on the 10 with the Micron slipon. The 10 locked off after the 9 pulled 2 bikes on him. I was a fun
day. Now my buddie wants to buy my 9 from my. I guess seeing is believing.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pesky-r1 said:
Alright you can make the bike fast ,but what are you going to do about your racing skill's :heyyou: :heyyou:
Getting better everyday, thank you. Just keep gaining weight buddy. Have another slice of cake!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
miykl said:
Ya, I remember that thread. Just wondering if anyone else had used them. "several" breakages is disturbing, but it was the first kit.
:+1: I'm keeping my bike N/A, so I'm intrested in the 5300 kit after my suspension, and wheels are sorted.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
My tuner is looking at a carpenter head because he races at maxton for 200mph + runs. He said Bob Carpenter is the best, but always give him a year for R&D, his first kits obvisouly have issues he needs to sort. I'm sure he got them sorted by now.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
My dad got some good work done on his ZX-12 from Carpenter. It put him at 194 hp. I did however hear from a local streetbike rider/writer that Bob told him that he wouldn't do the 10 because of motors coming back blown. I don't know any details about it but the guy's name is Don Smith that was going to send his 04 10 up to Carpenter. Carpenter did tell him he would port his head and that's all. When I went to visit his shop there were about 5 10's up there but I don't know if all of them are coming back or some of them. I thought about calling Carpenter to see though cause I wanted to do some work myself even if it were just the cheaper of the two packages.

Derrick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts