Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, check this crap out. My 'lil brother started racing his '08 ZX-6R last year as a hobby. Didn't do all that well last year, but had a good time (who wouldn't, it's RACING!). This year he had some higher hopes to get better and actually get on the podium at a couple of races.

So this past weekend he was at Carolina Motorsports Park (CMP) for the second race of his 2014 CCS season. And got taken out on the first freakin' lap of the GTU race!!! Here's the video of it.

http://youtu.be/xUC5PmI7-1o

Here's the result of this guy blowing the turn and ramming my little brother. :angryfire:

So I've been living vicariously through my little brother's racing "career" and was really rooting for him this past weekend. Now it looks like he'll be off the bike for the rest of the year. He's going in for surgery this Thursday to get the plate and screws put in. Bummed for him and hope he gets full use of his shoulder back.

From the video, it looks like the dude that whacked him was bike 690A, which is some guy named Tim Hassler. Apparently didn't even come over to apologize to my brother after the incident before my brother had to go to the hospital. :dontknow::rocketwho

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wow, that does suck. That's one of the reasons why I'm hesitant on joining CCS. Some guys are only concerned about themselves and your just in their way and will purposely knock you down.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, that does suck. That's one of the reasons why I'm hesitant on joining CCS. Some guys are only concerned about themselves and your just in their way and will purposely knock you down.
Yeah, it's tough. Racing brings out a lot of emotions, and a lot of the people doing it might have the physical skills required, but don't have the mental part figured out yet.

I'm positive this guy didn't do it on purpose. But it's obvious that he made no attempt to steer clear to the outside of the track or anything. It looks like he missed his marker, just stood on the rear brake, and went along for the ride. :headshake: It didn't look like he was using the front brake at all.

And if you do wind up spearing someone else on the track, I would think the right thing to do is at least apologize for a boneheaded move that injured another rider.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Damn that sucks, hope he heals up quick and gets back out there.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,049 Posts
Sucky, sucky. Hope he heals fast. I mentioned this in Techx thread but thats my worst fear at the track. Being torpedoed from behind. Pretty bad that the guy didnt even come and say he was sorry or see how your Bro was doing.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Sucky, sucky. Hope he heals fast. I mentioned this in Techx thread but thats my worst fear at the track. Being torpedoed from behind. Pretty bad that the guy didnt even come and say he was sorry or see how your Bro was doing.
:+1: Minus the track fear since I don't really track. Still agree though, that's pretty sad he didn't at least come over to see if he was ok.

Hope for a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ouch.. looks busted up pretty good.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The doctors always overestimate the recover time.
I have a buddy that snapped his shoulder pretty good and the docs said he was done for the season (this was around May/June) He was back on the bike in July.
To bad for your brother. We're rooting for him to get back on and get in a few laps.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That's rough hope he heals up soon. Its bad when it happens while racing even worse when the same thing happens at track day.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Damn, what was he thinking...sorry to see that, did he even touch the front brake? I'll watch again, but I didn't notice the bike dip down from front braking at all....

·
Registered
632 Posts
wtf.... That was the first thing I thought too, looks like he
didn't even hit the front brake! Definitely doesn't look like
he belonged out there.

Hope your bro heals quickly.

·
Registered
617 Posts
That's rough hope he heals up soon. Its bad when it happens while racing even worse when the same thing happens at track day.
:iamwithstupid:
wtf.... That was the first thing I thought too, looks like he
didn't even hit the front brake! Definitely doesn't look like
he belonged out there.

Hope your bro heals quickly.
Yep this was also my first thought, but did anyone on here ever had a headshake that opend up your front callipers ?? The first thing you would have to do is pump the lever to get the brakepads back in place so you can actually brake again :wink:

Or this guy is a nutcase and hoped he could pass everone in one turn ...

Either way ... if we don't get the full story of that guy we'll never know what happend :frown:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Wow, that sucks. It also looked like maybe 3 people could hold a line in that video. These things happen on the track but the chances are greater with less experienced riders. Hopefully your brother doesn't end up with any long term damage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts