Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Care to compare? The S1000RR will be at Bob’s BMW in in the Motorsport paint theme:

If you're within riding distance to Jessup, MD, swing on by Wed. Oct 28th – Sat. Oct 31st.

The bike will also be here Thursday Nov 12th - Sat Nov 14th. And on the 14th, we’ll actually be raffling one off as the grand prize in the Ultimate Bike Raffle 2, a charity fundraiser for the Ride For Kids.

·
Registered
890 Posts
The new BMW s1000 looks to be a legend in the making (at a great price suprisingly) Then again it better be. I cant remeber A bike that was introduced so early with so much hype, Its either going to be the bike which all new entries aspire to equal or beat ... Or the laughing stock of the industry .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's true. BMW has a lot riding on this bike.

The good news is that they've also put a lot of thought into its design. Every single part was designed to be as light as possible. So, at least on paper, the bike has the specs to blow other similar 1000cc bikes away.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah but on paper their dirt bike, (what was it?) was supposed to be the "next step"

·
Registered
890 Posts
Im sure the BMW will be very good and not suprised if its the best 1000cc bike . But the new Japanese and other European bikes are so good the days of BLOWING everthing else away is over .

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Im sure the BMW will be very good and not suprised if its the best 1000cc bike . But the new Japanese and other European bikes are so good the days of BLOWING everthing else away is over .
With enough cash anything is possible. How far have the "other" manufacturers come with reliability? The BMW has used marketing hype to boast all of it's features, features that aren't included in its' base price, which is still higher than the Jap competition.:dontknow:

·
Registered
890 Posts
I keep forgetting there is a base price and options available , like used in the car industry . None the less due to the weakness of the american dollar , you can see BMW tried hard to keep the cost down . asfor the Eoro brands . There reliabilty has been good .

·
Registered
540 Posts
It's true. BMW has a lot riding on this bike.

The good news is that they've also put a lot of thought into its design. Every single part was designed to be as light as possible. So, at least on paper, the bike has the specs to blow other similar 1000cc bikes away.
Does that include the hideous "wink" on the front end? :lol:

·
Registered
541 Posts
That is sweet paint, any more pics?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
see you on the 28th Daniel

·
Registered
598 Posts
Cool, I'll make sure to get out there as soon as the demo bikes are in.

When we get the stock in, sometime in December. For now, this one's just for show. You can sit on it, turn it on and rev it up, but you can't ride it.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Yeah, I want to see one in action against the proven Jap 4.

I'll wait to see if it holds water.

Nice looking bike with that paint job.

Still hate the front end, I mean really.

Why one round and one rectangular? What the hell were they thinking.

BMW step up or shut up.

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
I think it will be a good bike, most products built by BMW don't suck. Still, the similar quality machines from Japan for much less coin will make it hard to compete.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
thats a pretty sweet bike and i would love to have one...as for my ten...i will never get rid of it!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I'm sure it's a good bike but for BMW to come out the gate and be the best against the best of the best Honda, Yamaha. Suzuki, Kawasaki is well unlikely but you never know!

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Care to compare? The S1000RR will be at Bob’s BMW in in the Motorsport paint theme:

If you're within riding distance to Jessup, MD, swing on by Wed. Oct 28th – Sat. Oct 31st.

The bike will also be here Thursday Nov 12th - Sat Nov 14th. And on the 14th, we’ll actually be raffling one off as the grand prize in the Ultimate Bike Raffle 2, a charity fundraiser for the Ride For Kids.

Nice bike.... Dat BMW not seeing my 10 sorry...

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i really do like the paint scheme on that one. but i agree about the headlights being too ugly, i just cant dig it man:lol:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
i really do like the paint scheme on that one. but i agree about the headlights being too ugly, i just cant dig it man:lol:

just go faster and no one will ever see how ugly the front is

1 - 20 of 41 Posts