Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:badteeth: Cracked frnt plastic 250+, broken mirrors $100+, riding I75/I85 @ 140+ priceless.....(this wldn't hve happened if Woody wld've went to the police) I write this because I was so excited sharing stories forgot to strap bike so it would stand upright, Hey coming frm NYC any smooth strecth of tarmac gives me a chubby and ATL provided just that, I'm a newbie (just been riding 2yrs) and never trailered a bike b4 but NOW I KNOW & KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE...........NEXT UP DEAL'S GAP:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tie a bike down with a canyon dancer and two tie straps, :badteeth:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tie a bike down with a canyon dancer and two tie straps, :badteeth:
Hey luckz88, I used to use Canyon Dancers but I have converted to Cycle Cinch. Canyon Dancers always used to FU my grips. No problems with Cycle Cinch. They don't suck or anything like that but I will never use Canyon Dancers on my bike again. I just wish Cycle Cinchs were cheaper. $50...... Check them out when you get a chance.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Hey luckz88, I used to use Canyon Dancers but I have converted to Cycle Cinch. Canyon Dancers always used to FU my grips. No problems with Cycle Cinch. They don't suck or anything like that but I will never use Canyon Dancers on my bike again. I just wish Cycle Cinchs were cheaper. $50...... Check them out when you get a chance.
http://www.cyclecynch.com/CCpages/CCproduct.html

BD

·
Registered
11,157 Posts

Thanks for the headsup...If don't have the canyon dancer twisted it will mess up your grips...I believe there is a twist in the material that goes inbtween the straps where the cusion is that sets on your tank...Either product will do the job though...:thumbsup:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Never seen those before but one thing I see that I like better than the canyon dancers is that the hook point is higer (right by the grips.)

With the dancers, sometimes I wish I had sraps with a shorter length on the cam side (they're avail.) The dancers hang so low at the strap/hook point that it can be a pain in some situations.

As for the trip to the gap- make room on the tree of shame.:badteeth:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Thanks for the headsup...If don't have the canyon dancer twisted it will mess up your grips...I believe there is a twist in the material that goes inbtween the straps where the cusion is that sets on your tank...Either product will do the job though...:thumbsup:
I took Older Guy's suggestion (Older Guy's Canyon Dancer Fix) and bought 1 1/4 PVC pipe to slide over my grips. Twisting problem solved!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
That sucks, my old ZX9's front rim got all chewed up the first time I trailered a bike. I hate putting bikes on a trailer and have never since then. Suppose if done right it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Guys....just go to a plumbing supply store or hardware store and get some PVC drain plastic - slit it lengthwise so you can spread them and slide them over your grips....problem solved.....costs $2.00....

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
It's the part about something not happening if woody had gone to the police that has me beyond lost- kind of curious about that.

(TV) GI Joe- knowing is half the battle.
:lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts