Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Road a good 450 miles today. Had a blast. The weather was perfect. Got home and discovered my new Vanson Jacket scratched the hell out of my tank. I've been in search of a carbon fiber tank protector. HELP!!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Me too........
I asked Optimum Performance Products Inc. about it and this is the response I got......
If you run across a company that makes them please post the link.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: Carbon Fiber Tank Cover

Hello,

When will you have the carbon fiber tank cover available for the 2004 Kawasaki ZX10R?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Me
Subject: RE: Carbon Fiber Tank Cover
Importance: High

No tank cover for this model, we are manufacturing a carbon fiber gas tank, we might do a tank protectors about 49.95 USD. Tank will be around 1000.00 USD.

thanks

Patrik
To: Optimum Performance Products Inc.

Please keep me informed if or when you start making the tank protectors. I’m very surprised someone hasn’t jumped on this yet. I know of several zx10 owners that would prefer a carbon fiber tank protector over the tank bras.
To: Me
Importance: High

Just take a peak here and there , they should pop up soon. I hope.

Thanks

patrik

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I bought the Carbon Fiber Tank Protector from Mag Knight and I think its great.

If you take a little time and follow the install directions nothing looks better. It wraps all the way around the tank which is important if you ride canyons and are constantly straffing the tank with your leg as you flick it one way and then the next. I didn't want to glue anything to the tank and I had already ordered and tried the tank protector from Kawasaki which looks like shit!!! I took it back and for the same $100.00 went with the Mag Knight. One of the best and easiest upgrades I've done. Just take your time putting it on and you won't be disappointed.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know lots of people love the mag-knight, but it's not my thing. I'm want the real deal carbon fiber. Sponcers??? Nothing???

·
Registered
167 Posts
miykl said:
Road a good 450 miles today. Had a blast. The weather was perfect. Got home and discovered my new Vanson Jacket scratched the hell out of my tank. I've been in search of a carbon fiber tank protector. HELP!!!
English made ART is the best.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Do you have any pics of the ART Tank Shield on the 10. I'v'e got a ding in my tank and was wondering how far up the shield goes. I'm hoping it will be high enough to cover the ding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ART Carbon Fiber Tank Guard

I think ART makes the best Tank Guards but unfortunately, I dont believe they make one for our model. Ive been constantly checking to no end, So I gave up and got the MagKnight for now. If anyone knows if ART is going to make one for the ZX10R let us know maybe we can all get a group discount. :dontknow:

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ninja Dude said:
Do you have any pics of the ART Tank Shield on the 10. I'v'e got a ding in my tank and was wondering how far up the shield goes. I'm hoping it will be high enough to cover the ding.
Unfortunately i dont have any photo"s.I am pretty sure that this protector does the job,my ex bike"s tank was (zx-7)was perfectly protected.
I can assure you that ART has available the tank protector and the cost is 23,80 english poundes.
Contact CHRIS for any details
[email protected].

1 - 11 of 11 Posts